PDA

View Full Version : Problem is not only do we lack in quality due to poor and lack of signings

o2be a gooner
10-21-2012, 07:34 PM
But the attitude Was appalling. How can nine players of decent quality just not turn up?

Something must be wrong with the mentality of the players. United, Chelsea were fine. Why did we take it so lightly. It's not the first time and wenger must question himself. This team can't use the excuse of being kids like in the past days of flamini, cesc, senderos. They have mostly been around years. P

Opinions?

sodd
10-21-2012, 07:36 PM

Bergkamp's Brain
10-21-2012, 07:46 PM
The rest http://www.awimb.com/images/smiley_icons/****.gif

redgunamo
10-21-2012, 07:48 PM
from lack of time spent together on the training ground (during international breaks and suchlike) because of the way we play.

I actually always disagreed with this because I feel that we really find our groove by playing lots of games in quick succession; that that's when we really see us at our best.

I remain open-minded about it though and matches like yesterday's do add weight to Harvey's point, it would seem.

We weren't very smart at all, as a group.

Nicosia Gooner
10-21-2012, 07:58 PM
you haven't reminded us for at least 10 minutes

JJSB
10-21-2012, 08:04 PM
the group are working together. When there's an international break, that group is disrupted. Maybe that was Harvey's point

Camp Freddie
10-21-2012, 08:08 PM
...One bad game and we got comments like this. Two weeks ago the praises were ringing for our style of play and the inspired signings of Podolski and Cazorla. We do love a bit of self flaggelation when we lose or play badly.

redgunamo
10-21-2012, 08:14 PM
That is, if we may presume that everything was fine in the days before the game and we trained well and were sharp.

I understood his point to be that Arsenal matches also disrupted our preparations, not just international ones.

mr egg and dart
10-21-2012, 08:14 PM
Or cheŁ$ki, or the likes, instead.

Twould be better for your health and you'd have so many more friends http://www.awimb.com/images/smiley_icons/nod.gif

redgunamo
10-21-2012, 08:20 PM
part in there, though Barcelona's defending hasn't improved much.

Yesterday Once More
10-21-2012, 08:38 PM

Peter
10-21-2012, 08:49 PM
In the preparation but i dont know what.

It was a **** performance and it mustnt happen again. Wenger's response to it was appropriate.

If it happens again this season we ask questions. For nowi think we just write it off and move on.

JJSB
10-21-2012, 08:52 PM

redgunamo
10-21-2012, 09:01 PM
playing matches; others, coaches mainly, reckon the best place to improve is on the training ground.

John McEnroe, for example, famously preferred to play games to improve, rather than spend time away from matches, in training working on improving specific aspects of his game.