PDA

View Full Version : I see Pearce is at it again. It's a pity some Serbian nutjob didn't slit his throat ****er

Billy Goat Sverige
10-19-2012, 07:41 AM

Snin
10-19-2012, 07:48 AM
even Europe

Luis Anaconda
10-19-2012, 07:57 AM
Keeps this bull**** up about tournament football as if it is some weird alien concept that players have to get used to

Classic Jorge
10-19-2012, 08:14 AM

Bergkamp's Brain
10-19-2012, 08:16 AM

Classic Jorge
10-19-2012, 08:18 AM

Billy Goat Sverige
10-19-2012, 08:19 AM
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3270/england-national-team/20 12/10/19/3460804/-? (http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3270/england-national-team/2012/10/19/3460804/-?)

Luis Anaconda
10-19-2012, 08:20 AM
really lifted the country

Classic Jorge
10-19-2012, 08:23 AM
see.

Why is it that this stuff not only gets reported verbatim, and not as the rantings of a mad man? Not only that, it seems to meet with agreement from the type of people on Sunday Supplement.

Bergkamp's Brain
10-19-2012, 08:23 AM

Luis Anaconda
10-19-2012, 08:34 AM

wibble the lobster
10-19-2012, 08:53 AM
the only country in the middle east which observes the rule of law and has an open court system, protects religious worship by all religions (have you heard what they are doing to christians in the West Bank these days and why christians there are asking for Israel to take back more control of the West Bank) and which has equal rights for women, people of different sexual persuasions and citizens irrespective of colour or creed.

Why would you do that and ignore the human rights abuses that go on in other countries? Are you calling for a boycott of chinese goods? what about Saudi or Russia or this wonderful Syrian regime that have been arming Hezbollah for years? It's odd that you always seem to single out Israel isn't it but never seemed to have a bad word about all these interesting regimes that have been overthrown or seen internal uprisings in the same region? - even those ones that have been engaged in some pretty outstanding atrocities (unless I missed your call for boycotts of Libya and Syria).

Maybe it is just too easy to hold Israel to completely different standards than any other country and sling those apartheid/fascist comparisons around without any real knowledge of the country you are talking about.

Or maybe the only cause you need to justify the boycott is the "occupation" and treatment of palestinians in the west bank and blocade of the Gaza (joint with Egypt that one so you will need to boycott them too). Presumably you will then also boycott any other country around the world which occupies disputed land and denies the right of self-determination to any people - be it Russia, Turkey, China, any other country with overseas "colonies").

I am not for one moment denying the plight of the Palestinian people, it is just important for you that you dont single Israel out simply because it is a Jewish State (the size roughly of Wales). This is so you don't get accused of anti-semitism when there are clearly many other candidate countries around which do not observe basic principles of fair and equal treatment of all peoples.

Mind you snin - if you still want to start with boycotting israel goods here is a list of some of the things you would need to stop using/benefitting from straight away.

mobile phone - first one invented in Haifa and many components from Israeli high-tech companies (eg the camera chip in your phone)
windows xp
network security - the firewall, much of teh leading anti-virus software etc
the algorithm used for sending emails
sms - oh hold on, no mobile phone
yossi benayoun - I know
intel's centrino chip
various treatments for diabetes, aids and parkinsons (should you ever need them)
velcade for treating myeloma
the tablet camera for diagnosing gastro illnesses
the system that protects kids from sudden infant death syndrome
voice mail

good luck with this project - I am sure you will follow up on your principles - maybe we'll see you back on here some day when you locate an israeli product-free computer.

Classic Jorge
10-19-2012, 09:01 AM
A very well written post.

Have you read much Joe Sacco?

Snin
10-19-2012, 09:12 AM

wibble the lobster
10-19-2012, 09:51 AM
I dont mind if people dont agree with my views on Israeli history and politics (not a natanyahu fan btw) but I do get upset when it is held to a completely different standard to any other country by people trying to rationalise the actions of terrorits.

I heard a talk recently from this palestinian law student - christy.

http://blogs.timesofisrael.com/a-palestinian-christian-awake ning/ (http://blogs.timesofisrael.com/a-palestinian-christian-awakening/)

warning for Snin - this is also long and given that you appear to struggle to understand any views that do not accord with your own you may need to handle with care.

Ashberto
10-19-2012, 10:03 AM

wibble the lobster
10-19-2012, 10:04 AM
the fundamental difference is whether you think the problems are caused by palestinian leaders or by Israel being too aggressive in its own defence.

I am sure the latter plays a large part but looking at the now exposed leadership in the sorrounding countries and Israel's willingness to hand back large swathes of territory to Egypt.......

Goonerjae
10-19-2012, 11:23 AM

Steve-OH
10-19-2012, 11:24 AM

Steve-OH
10-19-2012, 11:27 AM

Iceman10
10-19-2012, 11:51 AM
Observes the rule of law? Assuming you don't mean international law in that lie

wibble the lobster
10-19-2012, 12:17 PM
there really is no comparison between the israeli courts system and that of the majority of members of the UN never mind teh middle east region.

btw - observing the "rule of law" means in short that all citizens, including leaders are subject to an independent court system. It means that if a citizen of whatever faith or colour in a country has their legal rights abused they have access to a court system.

The notion of international law is not only more complex (who gets to decide it) it is not observed by many many countries - and my basic point was that Israel is held to a very different standard to other countries.

If we are talking about the UN then you only really need to look at its make up to assess its independence. Couldnt act over the Balkans, Rwanda, somalia, now Syria?

Iceman10
11-14-2012, 06:05 PM
Acting over Syria means financing faction groups including Al-Qaeda, something that wasn't too successful in in 80's Afghanistan. As we've seen in Libya despite the lack of media attention, the grass isn;t always greener with rebels. Can't be bothered to go into the others as you clearly believe what you spew. Your honourable country is at it again, assuming Palestinians are to blame for those "rockets" into Israel which happened to have killed nobody. Atleast public outrage at this mass murder should delay your pre emptive illegal move into Iran, on that note, your reply shall be ignored unless you've gained some insight