PDA

View Full Version : Wonder why some countries don't bother with a national stadium. See Spain are playing

JJSB
10-16-2012, 08:54 PM
at Atletico Madrid tonight. Doesn't quite seem right that they don't have a neutral national stadium for internationals (and Italy for that matter) and play all over the place.

This isn't just mainly a British thing is it? As the French off the top of my head of the major nations also have a national stadium.

Luis Anaconda
10-16-2012, 09:12 PM
It was Poland's national Stadium tonight but I assume that was built for the Euros - no club plays there. Wembley is a special case really = but it wasn't originally built for football either

All Guns Blazing
10-16-2012, 09:16 PM
And if memory serves there was genuine enthusiasm while England toured the various club stadiums during the wembley rebuild.

Luis Anaconda
10-16-2012, 09:18 PM

JJSB
10-16-2012, 09:19 PM
like Hampden Park, the Luzhniki in Moscow and the Maracana amongst others.

JJSB
10-16-2012, 09:27 PM
and play in different stadiums. National stadiums are just what we're more accustomed to. In theory the Olympic Stadium could also serve that purpose too.

Tell me about the costs involved. Went to the San Marino game on Friday, £8 for some food and almost a fiver for a beer inside Wembley http://www.awimb.com/images/smiley_icons/yikes.gif