PDA

View Full Version : Modd - I used to play with Stuart Taylors older brother, Steven.

Maravilloso Marvo
10-06-2012, 07:25 PM
He was a centre half and I was a keeper. I trained a few times with Stuart and he warmed me up before a couple of games.

This was when we were all 16-17 or so. At the time, Bob Wilson said Stuart had the ability to be better than David Seaman. Amazing how difficult that final step is to be a true top class keeper.

modd
10-06-2012, 07:29 PM
and bob so you must of been pretty good. Secondly it does show how hard the final step is. Often with goalkeepers is about confidence as well as quality and that often can affect them not making the final step.

Stuart only problem for me was when i saw him play he was a great shotstopper but he did not commond the area in the way that safe hands did.

best goalkeepers are one not just have ablity but also lead as well

Billy Goat Sverige
10-06-2012, 07:30 PM

Maravilloso Marvo
10-06-2012, 07:31 PM
level. You look at Joe Hart and he is a right cóck. But that is what gives him the self confidence.

modd
10-06-2012, 07:35 PM
that for sure

modd
10-06-2012, 07:36 PM
and sometimes over the top because you not always getting help from your teamamaters. often down to you to help the team out when other teams trying to score.

sometime stuart was too nice a guy for a goalkeeper.