PDA

View Full Version : One thing that disappointed me on Saturday....

The Tony
10-01-2012, 04:04 PM
was just how we let the game slip away.

That was the thing that got to me the most.

Only time we played was the 8 minutes or so before half time. That was it. Didn't fire for the first 40 and after the break.

Felt with a bit more ummph we would've done better.

Granted Di Matteo set his midfield out to do a job on us but I still didn't see anything in there for us to be overly scared / tactically worried about. We could've overwhelmed them had we taken our foot off the trigger a bit more in there.

I feel part of this was that our robust trio weren't as high impact as we needed them to be. Diaby injured very early but he seemed to be struggling from the 1st minute or so (this might have been something he first tweaked in the warm ups then went later on) and Ramsey never got going at any point.

Arteta excused as his role in the team is not to put himself about but to the safety for the defence and the other midfielders.

I think this is possibly a learning curve for the guys.....they need to be more pro active in there. Sure we're great when the opposition lose the ball but these top teams don't. Got to be disciplined, keep shape and keep at them 24/7 till they crack.

Just my take on what went down on Saturday.

Not really bothered about the goals....That 1st goal was top class sh*t from Torres. The 2nd was some flukey sh*t.

Billy Goat Sverige
10-01-2012, 04:05 PM

Curly
10-01-2012, 04:06 PM
Early second half Poldi got in once or twice.Bit more composure and we may have sneaked in front.

The Tony
10-01-2012, 04:14 PM
Thought Shareta was top class when I saw her in France last time and aimed specifically at the race. Improved all season and can close the gap on Danedream from last season.

Danedream...done nothing wrong this season. Bang there again.

Orfevre is a beast but as I've always said...if Deep Impact couldn't win an Arc then surely no other Japanese can! But he is top top class.

Camelot has the class to cream this lot but St Leger / Triple Crown winners (I'll treat him as just that) don't fair too well in this. Long season.

That's unless Coolmore have completely pulled the wool over ie Always aware of what a punishing run in the St Leger can do and opted for the - lets give a break, win the St Leger as easily as possible and cap it all off with an Arc win.

I think all that is irrelevant though as he's far too short in the market a represents a very poor crop of 3yr olds.

The others do nothing for me....As heartwarming is Nathaniel's ground and pound style he will always victim to a classy sort over any trip. Its just the way it is. Classy horses win ARCS....Grinders don't.

Sea Moon - MAJOR LOOOOOOOOOOOOLZ

plastic james
10-01-2012, 04:14 PM
what disappointed me like you is the lack of response, i think the game changed when diaby went of, we couldn't replace him and thats because we lack depth.

its funny that for 4 years we've been 2-3 short of having a competitive squad. we looked strong when we signed cazorla,giroud and podolski early, then we sold song and robin and never replaced them.....so we were back to square one.

we cant do anything about it now http://www.awimb.com/images/smiley_icons/shrug.gif

Blupunter
10-01-2012, 04:16 PM
Chelsea looked very good to me and they didn't beat you all that convincingly. I'd make that a positive negative.

Podolski looks handy, if not exactly a superstar.

If manu don't have a really bad year, based on the first 6 games I expect it to be Chelsea, City, manu, Arsenal in that order this season*.

*I'm nearly always wrong.