PDA

View Full Version : The Gervinho connumdrum

The Tony
09-24-2012, 02:14 PM
As the central striker he's great against weaker defenders and goalkeepers. The give him too much space and he's able to just do his thing, in his own time, and score.

Against any reasonable defence he can't be the lone striker. He excelled yesterday once Wenger took the burden of being the focal point off as he was allowed to drop deeper than at anytime in the game. In this positions he excelled because he was now using the space in front of the defenders and behind the midfield to his advantage. Caused absolute havoc.

Causes a slight tactical problem imo because Podolski is probably better in that position with his workrate.

Think its going to be a case of mixing and matching until Giroud finds his stride.

TRENT COLTON
09-24-2012, 02:28 PM

plastic james
09-24-2012, 02:37 PM
there is a reason why he gets so many chances every game....his movement is top class, and he has blistering, pace however we all know his finishing is very poor.

i think he needs to improve his finishing and he can, i noticed his poor finishing its not due to poor technique its lack of confidence in front of the goal, he panics, if he learns to calm down infornt of goal, which i think he could with more games i think he will score plenty of goals, i see potential there

redgunamo
09-24-2012, 02:53 PM
"Confidence" http://www.awimb.com/images/smiley_icons/indifferent.gif

Cyprus The Immortal Gooner
09-24-2012, 02:57 PM

Upskirt Jack
09-24-2012, 03:08 PM