PDA

View Full Version : After my trip to Paris yesterday (it was good thanks for asking).....ARC UPDATE

The Tony
09-17-2012, 03:22 PM
Orfevre - Looked great. Handsome horse. Didn't settle off slow but once he found cover was much happier. Quickened up nicely. Will be tighter muscle wise for the Arc.

Meandre - Appeared to me like he was carrying a bit of weight around the tummy. A more likely candidate for the Breeders Cup Turf. He reminds me a lot of Shirocco.

Saonois - Quickened up impressively. Probably the best of any horse on the card. Showed his bravery once again by splitting rivals to storm clear. Will be supplemented for the race at a cost of ¤100k. I just wonder if he'll be to last home and have that same power finish in a flat out 12furlongs. The 3yr olds haven't impressed me much this season either.

Shareta - Continues to progess. Beastly performace to put the girls in their places...the most impressive of the afternoon. Huge pointer to Danedream who smashed her out the ballpark in the ARC last year.

Of the others:

Nathaniel - Danedream mastered him in the King George
Snow Fairy - In cracking form but maybe 10furlongs is her trip.
Sea Moon - Avoid at all costs
Imperial Monarch - 25/1 quotes says it all
Camelot - St Leger horses in the Arc is a receipe for disaster. Should go to the Breeders Cup Turf.

So for the Arc:

Danedream looks great...The clear form pick. Difficult to oppose but Shareta has improved leaps and bounds this year and I can't see her out of the places 10/1 eachway is a cracking bet.
Orfevre a major threat. I'll be playing the 3 in exactas and tricasts.

Good luck

The Tony

Billy Goat Sverige
09-17-2012, 03:29 PM