PDA

View Full Version : The thing I can't understand about this quote from Gazidis

Dorset Gooner
09-14-2012, 10:22 AM
"This club has a really simple financial model. I wouldn't call it a business model because it is not like any other business I know or could imagine"

"We generate revenue and we reinvest all of that revenue in football. We don't pay dividends, the money doesn't come out of the club"

Why has Korenke invested? Surely he wants a return otherwise what is the point form his point of view?

Luis Anaconda
09-14-2012, 10:26 AM
ask the chief - he is something of an expert *

*best to catch hime before the meths kick in/US politicswimb starts

redgunamo
09-14-2012, 10:30 AM
I actually read all that; Gazzi speaks very well, I thought.

Billy Goat Sverige
09-14-2012, 10:35 AM

Monty91
09-14-2012, 10:37 AM
"There are many different factors to it: efficient management of player contracts ... the ability to create something between the players that is more significant than the individual players themselves which insulates you from individual player comings and goings. "

Dorset Gooner
09-14-2012, 10:38 AM
about big players moving on & we replace them, very true but some might argue where would we be if we kept those top players & added rather than replaced. But I guess that comes down to living within our means so fair enough.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/9541 112/Arsenal-chief-executive-Ivan-Gazidis-on-why-he-expects-m anager-Arsene-Wenger-to-lead-the-club-into-a-new-era.html (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/9541112/Arsenal-chief-executive-Ivan-Gazidis-on-why-he-expects-manager-Arsene-Wenger-to-lead-the-club-into-a-new-era.html)

barrybueno
09-14-2012, 10:41 AM

redgunamo
09-14-2012, 10:41 AM
Although not studying them very closely, it must be said.

Monty91
09-14-2012, 10:43 AM

Hillary
09-14-2012, 10:47 AM
Most serious investors are looking for capital gains rather than revenue returns.

redgunamo
09-14-2012, 10:49 AM
to talk about finances and chief executives want to talk about football.

Peter
09-14-2012, 11:26 AM
Each year we are shown i pressive annual profits which we then proceed to not spend.

If nothing comes put of the club, where is all that money and why didnt we spend it?

I am obviously not expecting an answer. I accept i am not entitled to one, and the reasons why.

I just dont think that statements like that really help arsene. They lend half-arsed evidence to the argument thathehas plenty of money and refuses to spend it becausehe is stubborn, french, and stubborn.

Luis Anaconda
09-14-2012, 11:56 AM
it was only about a year ago that the half yearly results showed a loss and has been pointed out a billion times on here in terms of cash in the bank - yes there is some but it needs to be at a certain level to appease the creditors and keep the interest on the loans down or something - f**ked if I understand this thing

Peter
09-14-2012, 12:03 PM
Every other return has shwon sizeable profit. Apparently. Oh look i dont f**king know.

So the answerseems to be that the money, what there is, is sitting in a bank somewhere.

Fine by me. I like to keep financial thing simple, largely because i dont understand a f**king word of it when it gets more complicated.