PDA

View Full Version : wenger makes me hate football

plastic james
08-30-2012, 02:06 PM
how can the squad believe in this nonsense? the man is killing the joy i got from watching the game.

the best thing about being a football fan is that you believe in a better tomorrow, a new manager, a new goalkeeper, a new winger.....there is always something happening in a club that makes fans optimistic.

that is the basic right for any football fan, you have the right to be deluded, and exited by a small change at your club, wenger has taken that away and turned us into a depressed bunch, i've met about 30 gooners today, not a single one has a glimmer of hope of us doing anything this season,

infact each of them were so depressed about the situation that they said they would find more joy of us being involved in a relegation battle.

we're dying from boredom pessimism and stagnation

Monty91
08-30-2012, 02:08 PM

Ashberto
08-30-2012, 02:09 PM
I think I've seen some decent posts of yours since you've been back but that wasn't one of them.

plastic james
08-30-2012, 02:12 PM
if you're bored with your girlfriend, you're obviously not bored during sex, but by her presence, her mentality, they way she talks, the way she thinks...etc etc etc...

Mack
08-30-2012, 02:16 PM

Monty91
08-30-2012, 02:17 PM
challenge, but, due to circumstances beyond our control, can no longer realistically expect to do so.

This has inevitably taken its toll on the enjoyment we gain out of football.

But what we need to avoid doing is projecting our frustrations onto the club or Wenger, when they could very well be blameless.

wagoaw (out only, no in)
08-30-2012, 02:18 PM
Top 4 and a bit of profit, as long as AW stays. Anything else would be bonus.

plastic james
08-30-2012, 02:19 PM
something could go your way, beside loving our team, that optimism is what drives us.

new season = new hopes, for the big teams, if not winning the league maybe a cup, for mid table teams, maybe nicking a cup, for bottom teams, survivor is their excitement...

you need to have an aims and hopes as a football fan...the whole thing is pointless otherwise....

wenger is leading us to existential questions rather than occupy us with signings and football debates http://www.awimb.com/images/smiley_icons/hehe.gif

Hillary
08-30-2012, 02:21 PM

plastic james
08-30-2012, 02:22 PM

Ashberto
08-30-2012, 02:24 PM
clubs are richer than us. Meanwhile, there are about 88 clubs below us that would love to have some of what we've got.

Anyway, if you want a relegation fight, have you not noticed that we are in one every year? Our CL spot means to us what PL football means to those in the basement. I'm sure their fans would love to watch the visits of great teams like Barcelona and Dortmund.

Monty91
08-30-2012, 02:26 PM
in the most unlikely occasions.

Remember when Darren Fletcher was sent off for United at our place in the Champions League? Even though we were out of the competition, the place went crazy.

I've often gone to meaningless end of season games and wondered what the atmosphere's gonna be like - and the fans always find something to hold onto. Even if it's just a meaningless victory, with nothing to gain beyond the 3 points itself, or a single moment of magic...

So you're talking ****.

Paul Vaessen's moment of glory
08-30-2012, 02:27 PM
N5 than the "like a new signing" one! Almost 50% of the squad are like new signings every season. How can you not be optimistic? Cheer up, you miser.

Mack
08-30-2012, 02:29 PM

Hillary
The game was **** but it was brilliant to be at.

plastic james
we cant spend 30 million on players and pay them 200k a week.

but what stops wenger from signing players for 10 million? ppl like arteta kosielny podolski, sagna, all around that price range and made us stronger.

i just dont get why if he cant buy top top top players as he call it, not to strengthen your team and put together a competitive squad for reasonable prices?

we depended on arteta-song in midfield last season, how is selling one of them and not replaing maximizing your resources?

what bores me is not that we competed and failed, is the lack of attempt,

Monty91
08-30-2012, 02:30 PM

Ashberto
08-30-2012, 02:30 PM
We probably could win that or even the FA Cup if we forgot about the CL and the PL, and rested players before big domestic cup games.

Monty91
08-30-2012, 02:32 PM

Luis Anaconda
08-30-2012, 02:34 PM

Paul Vaessen's moment of glory
08-30-2012, 02:35 PM
point?

plastic james
08-30-2012, 02:36 PM
once you're in the ground, there is no point in crying and feeling sorry for your self infront of the oppositions fans. fans have pride, they are hurt and disappointed in those situations but soldier on, it doesn't mean the're static.

anyway...i was talking about our current situation not specific bad moments.....are current situation is bizzare, not good enough, not bad enough, no change in sight.

Hillary
08-30-2012, 02:39 PM

plastic james
08-30-2012, 02:39 PM
but there is a thrill in victory, and not winning a thing, even a cup, year after year is hurtful and gives a bad image of the club.

plastic james
08-30-2012, 02:45 PM
i am critical of our current situation and management. i love this club as much as any gooner, but criticism is healthy as long as its constructive.

i would be a simple creature if i never refleted on our current situation and tried to analyse what we can improve on.

Ashberto
08-30-2012, 02:49 PM
Lucky Arsenal. Boring Arsenal. Dirty Arsenal. Red Card Arsenal.

Yes, we'd all rather win the league than not win the league. Yes, it hurts to see ourself in a position where we don't expect to win the league. I blame the sqillions of pounds at Chelsea and Man City for this. You blame Arsene Wenger. http://www.awimb.com/images/smiley_icons/shrug.gif

plastic james
08-30-2012, 02:54 PM
i just think wenger could put together a more competitive squad for reasonable prices.

if thats not enough to win then fair enough

my critisism of wenger is there is a lack of an attempt from him by sticking with certain players when he can find better players for good prices. i am against the idea of spending 30 million on a player or nothing, its a question of balance.

redgunamo
08-30-2012, 03:11 PM
chief topic of discussion among football supporters

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/418926_417878531603149_1929452347_n.jpg

Redflag
08-30-2012, 03:26 PM
we need a goal scorer someone like that dutch geezer that Ferguson signed... so it's up to Poldolski or Giroud to step up and deliver ... not in two months or next season but on Sunday... all of this returning from injuries players are new signings is just *******s... they are just the same ones but are not match fit when they finally reemerge from the medical room ... Gervinho talks a good fight the other day he compared himself with Pires ... Pires won some MOTM awards at Anfield so a good chance on Sunday for Gervinho to show that he's not just all mouth . Wenger lost to Rodger's last season away when he was at Swansea ... the scousers look like they are now trying to play pseudo Barca lite type football - with Wenger himself also still at it this should make for a different game to the ones against our last two opponents. There could be a few goals in the game... there usually is ... hopefully we will score most of them. Who knows it could be the start of something good. If not then so much for sky diving.