PDA

View Full Version : Yes Giroud should have noticed Ramsey racing through the middle

PSRB
08-28-2012, 08:41 AM
but fair play to him for also noticing how far the keeper was off his line and having the balls to have a go, 1 foot lower and it would have been goal of the season......I also think Ramsey would have missed

Monty91
08-28-2012, 08:47 AM
clearly desperate for his first goal and with the pass to Ramsey not being easy (I thought he did look across to see him but chose to shoot), I had little problem with his decision.

Also promising that he had the confidence to go for it, and the ability to come so close...

KACB
08-28-2012, 08:54 AM

redgunamo
08-28-2012, 09:07 AM
And that bloody "c" word again http://www.awimb.com/images/smiley_icons/****er.gif

Let me ask you, if a brain surgeon fails to save his patient's life, do you say it's because he was short of **********?

Monty91
08-28-2012, 09:15 AM
hard-wired to score goals and nothing else. Good strikers who are also good *footballers* are far more sophisticated than that.

It is precisely BECAUSE they know how to score goals (and indeed their value) that good strikers will often pass up opportunities to score in exchange for a better opportunity for a team-mate, imo.

redgunamo
08-28-2012, 09:36 AM
In the same way that, in a medical situation, a humble doctor outranks everybody else in the room regardless of their "higher status" or even "intelligence", in the final third, the striker must be in charge and this must also be recognised by his team-mates.

The responsibilty for scoring lies with him, just as the responsibilty for not scoring does. This does not mean he will always get it right, of course.

He will sometimes pass but his brand of intelligence is in large part the recognition that he is the best goalscorer in the team and that this most difficult and complicated of tasks must rest on his shoulders, rather than on those of another player who is certainly less well-suited. His colleagues will also recognise this in order to fulfill their own aims.

It's basically the reason coaches don't like strikers.

redgunamo
08-28-2012, 09:47 AM