PDA

View Full Version : Memories of the moon landing.

Gunner Since Time Began - born to moan
08-27-2012, 04:42 PM
I remember the moon landing well. My wife and I were coming home from Lake Tahoe through Placerville a small mountain town southwest of the lake. The residents of the town were celebrating pioneer days. It was a strange juxtaposition listening to the radio broadcast of the moon landing while facing the sight of covered wagons and people in pioneer clothing. It made us realize how far we as a country had come.

seasider7
08-27-2012, 04:53 PM
What a difference a hundred years makes.

Im deep into my family genealogy now, and its always amazing to put the years in perspective.

Herbette Chapman - aged 15
08-27-2012, 05:26 PM
keep going til you get there, then you come back again" http://www.awimb.com/images/smiley_icons/shrug.gif

71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat
08-27-2012, 05:31 PM

Chief Arrowhead
08-27-2012, 05:52 PM
of light through the LEM window showing, mainly, on of the LEM legs, with the moon getting closer and closer. Then you could see the dust fly. I remember my mum weeping ( A shocking event for an 8 year old!) as she thought for sure that we would witness a tragedy. She was two Apollo missions shy of that prediction.

Don't know why, but I thought that they would then pop out and start walking around right away, just like they did in Lost In Space or Star Trek. When it didn't happen right away I got bored and fell asleep.

mr egg and dart
08-27-2012, 10:22 PM

Gunner Since Time Began - born to moan
08-27-2012, 11:18 PM