PDA

View Full Version : I thought there was tons and tons to be positive about yesterday Shrug

Monty91
08-27-2012, 04:37 PM
In contrast with the dull impotence of the Sunderland game...

Staggering to scroll down and see some of the utter, utter **** spouted in response to the game.

It genuinely is enough to make you consider sacking off the message board - especially now that the non-football discussion has deteriorated so much with the loss of Berni and a few others.

Johnny1886
08-27-2012, 04:42 PM
I agree. Yesterday we looked very comfortable. When could you last say that about an Arsenal side at Stoke? Only thing missing was a goal, but they will come in time. A point at Stoke isn't a bad result, but given we didn't win, expect a massive over-reaction.

seasider7
08-27-2012, 04:45 PM
1) We shouldn't be in such a mess.
2) I'm really happy with how we've performed so far considering we ARE in such a mess.

Stoke away is never easy,...a point there isn 't the end of the world. CL places arent lost by drawing away at Stoke. Dropping points at home to Sunderland is poor though, that will have an impact.

Ashberto
08-27-2012, 04:45 PM
Don't tell me you've been taking note of the pathetic dribblings of spastics like Floyd, Maltese Gooner and Yesterday once More.

Even posters like Solman and East Upper have been praising the performance.

As for Uncle Berni's departure - sorry about that. My fault apparently. http://www.awimb.com/images/smiley_icons/frown.gif

7evens
08-27-2012, 04:47 PM
fuelled by lower expectations may be developing.

This whole media bugbear of seven years without a trophy may be annoying but it isn't without substance.

It's a competition ultimately and I would find a bit disturbing that a club like ours would be in the shadows of a lesser outfit like chelsea for an eternity.

BK
08-27-2012, 04:53 PM
Dropping points to Sunderland in our FIRST GAME OF THE SEASON will impact our CL hopes and is something that spells out the malaise at the club? Again, I don't wish to be insulting, and I will admit I'm an ostrich, but f**k me..(hard)

Peter
08-27-2012, 05:32 PM
We cant realistically expect this lot to be world beaters overnight. Nor can we expect arsene to build a title winning side every year. Its hardly complacency, just realism.

Yesterday Once More
08-27-2012, 05:33 PM

71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat
08-27-2012, 05:34 PM

Peter
08-27-2012, 05:36 PM
It makes title challenges virtually impossible, and he is charged with doing it almost every year. It just idnt going to happen.

Peter
08-27-2012, 05:39 PM
I think the reaction has been reasonably positive, on the whole. It is blindingly f**king obvious to everyone that we have a short term problem here with the solution right in front of us.

All the biggest of c**ts will have seen enough in the three new lads to have some hope.