PDA

View Full Version : unlike alot of ppl here, i'm delighted we missed out on sahin

plastic james
08-24-2012, 12:11 PM
i was convinced he was not what we needed, we need a defensive midfielder, not a younger and slower version of arteta.

wenger is a lucky man, if he thought a midfield trio of sahin, arteta and cazorla would compete in the premiership then he is deluded.

now pls get the disciplined midfielder we need to come in for song.

Paul Vaessen's moment of glory
08-24-2012, 12:15 PM
ALL THESE YEARS that f**ker Diaby finally does something useful for the Arsenal.

halfsharkalligatorhalfman
08-24-2012, 12:18 PM

plastic james
08-24-2012, 12:18 PM
diaby wont do much, but we have arteta and wilshere who have similar styles as sahin, what we need to get is a disciplined version of song

TRENT COLTON
08-24-2012, 12:19 PM
Which is a shame. Did you see Gerrard trying to grasp the concept of a short pass last week? http://www.awimb.com/images/smiley_icons/hehe.gif

Steve Williams - gay for Mark Knopfler
08-24-2012, 12:28 PM
Song gets a lot of abuse in this respect but none of us know if he was shackled in that respect by AW.

Paul Vaessen's moment of glory
08-24-2012, 12:29 PM

plastic james
08-24-2012, 12:33 PM
its just a feeling i have, beside we have seen him in number of occasions where in late games he joins the attack rather than wait, i doubt wenger tells him to be that careless

Steve Williams - gay for Mark Knopfler
08-24-2012, 12:38 PM
Norwich last season was a classic example of a midfield lacking discipline and intelligence as they all wanted to be the hero.

You don't need to be a 'defensive midfielder' to have the intelligence and patience to sit deeper while others do the fancy bits.

plastic james
08-24-2012, 12:44 PM
they have an advantage say compared to someone like arteta.

1- they are usualy physically stronger and more competative which help as you're in volved alot of tackling and chasing.

2- they have a defensive instinct to smell danger that flair players lack as their instinct is better suited to attacking positions