PDA

View Full Version : Glad the first game is out of the way, against a Martin O'Neill side, but the excuse on here

Harry Balls
08-19-2012, 10:51 AM
What the f**k are some of you on? Heat, my arse, pre-season my arse. What kind of pre-season has Swansea had? No, bottom line, we started against a defense minded team with a winger upfront and a history of not being able to break down such teams in recent seasons. So, 0-0 was always the most likely outcome.

Positives, the new spaniard looks to be the tits. If Giroud didn't get a first game rush of blood we'd have gotten the 3 points, team looks good enough for 4th but we ain't winning anything this year unless the FA cup is kind to us.

Wilsheres Clockwork Toy
08-19-2012, 10:54 AM
Agree with rest of your points though. This team won't win anything. Should be entertaining though. 3rd or 4th imo

Fred Killah
08-19-2012, 11:03 AM
few games.

With the new addition or two coming in, I'll be rather excited for the season once fitness levels and 'team gelling' improves.

R.C. Celebrating the return of Trophies
08-19-2012, 11:18 AM
bringing the players up to match fitness and sharpness so that you hit the ground running right from the start?

Bergkamp's Brain
08-19-2012, 11:22 AM
it also depends on who has been away on international duty etc. Just because Swansea and Fulham scored 5 has no bearing on what we did, or did not do yesterday or in pre-season.

redgunamo
08-19-2012, 11:24 AM

08-19-2012, 11:25 AM
merely pointing out that if we are not up to speed yet what went on in pre-season?

Stroller
08-19-2012, 11:26 AM
The lessor teams usually shine and one of them will usually head the table for a while.

Fred Killah
08-19-2012, 11:29 AM
In our case, we clearly suffered from our new players and half of our first-team starters not joining others on the Asian tour, and only featuring in one game one week prior to the start of the new season.

Having said that, I don't think it will take long at all for their levels to improve.

Bergkamp's Brain
08-19-2012, 11:40 AM
more a general comment aimed at those who have been posting that.

Regarding your specific points, it is a long season and some teams have a heavy pre-season, start well, then fade. Others have a lighter pre-season, start more sluggish but pick up as the season goes on. It is a manager's decision to work out what is best for his team over the course of the season.

Don't be surprised if Swansea and Fulham are struggling, come MArch http://www.awimb.com/images/smiley_icons/shrug.gif

08-19-2012, 11:47 AM
just a tad crap yesterday really.

got the feeling that AW had told his charges not to give it plenty, the punters are only paying 25 quid, f**kem.

Peter
08-19-2012, 12:11 PM
Othere than that, anything that attempts to avoid wholesale panic on the basis of one rather disappointing result is probably a good thing.

This team needs time. And the same will be true for every season where we sell two of our best players.

Its tough, but its where we are.