PDA

View Full Version : Diaby can only play as an attacking MF. Whoever said the MF had no balance below was spot on. Also

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
08-18-2012, 11:09 PM
Giroud has to start. He makes the right runs, gets space, looks like a No.9

Poldi should be out left, and Gerv offers more than Feo imo, who was great at providing RVP but I worry about him still, after all these years.

Why not play Song? He hasn't left yet.

But even if not, Arteta was our one +ve last year, by playing in the middle of MF linking defence and attack.

I want to see Jack tried in the Pirlo role of DM. He can grow into it. Remember his breakthrough season, where injuries forced him to play deeper than we thought was his natural position? Well, he surprised us all, and he can't be worse there than Abou.

Ox should therefore always be first choice sub - can cover any of the front 4 (or even Arteta if we're attacking), with Poldi moving to CF if Giroud comes off.

This way, he can learn to play with his team-mates, and gets experience of all the positions. Will make him a more complete player.

If we could sell Feo and buy a young replacement, I'd do it at a shot as opposed to him going on a free next year.

And I fear Song won't be replaced. Santi was his money.

But we now have great attacking MFs - Santi, Ox, Rosicky, AA, even Diaby and Wilshere.

But DMs, without Song, are just Coq and Frimpy (if fit) unless young Jack can play that role.

halfsharkalligatorhalfman
08-18-2012, 11:27 PM

08-18-2012, 11:37 PM
he's better with the freedom.

A couple of times Diaby tried to jink past 2 players and lost the ball. That's fine in his natural position, just outside their box - if it fails, no prob, if it works, it creates a chance. But not outside our box, please.

Diaby has looked his best in a 4-4-2 with Vieirra as a genuine attacking mid with defensive cover behind him.

But for our No.10 attacking MF position we had Santi, Rosicky and Ox ahead of Abou. Probably AA and Jack as well.

He can't play as one of the two in a 4-2-3-1.

Would much rather keep Song and sell Abou.

But that's why a top team is bidding for Song not Abou.

halfsharkalligatorhalfman
08-18-2012, 11:40 PM

08-19-2012, 12:08 AM