PDA

View Full Version : Oh well, there's always next year. But seriously, Diaby can't play there, he takes Arteta too far

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
08-18-2012, 06:13 PM
back. He was perfect last year as a link between defence and attack.

I'd like to see Wilshere in the Pirlo DM role, Arteta and Santi, with Giroud CF, and Poldi and Gerv out wide.

Ox should be first choice substitute - for any of the front 4 (If coming on for Giroud, Poldi moves to CF obviously).

This will get him more game time and allow him to know the team, like Wiltord in 2002 when he was first choice to cover for TH, DB, FL and RP.

He or Diaby could even come on for Arteta if we're going for it.

I wonder where this leaves Rosicky who was the best player at the end of last season, though. If AW intends to waste Arteta playing in Song's position, TR7 could do a better job than AD2.

I think selling Song's stupid. If no-one comes in, I won't be happy. He'll have replaced a DM (of which we have 1) for an attacking MF (of which we had TR7, Ox, JW and even AA at a push.

And he'll have swapped a great striker and a poor one (Vela) for two first-team but middling ones. Yes Poldi can play wide too, but so can Feo, Gerv and Ox.

3 in, 3 out, more profit for the yank again. And the dead-wood of NB, MC, Park, SS and Denilson still not gone. Dunno how much we pay of Denilson's wages (if any), but the other 4 are a waste of space with a combined wage bill c. what RVP's getting at Utd.

Feo will be out of contract next summer. He'll go without having done anything for the club, except learnt his trade, put himself in the shop window, and turned the £12m we paid for him into a signing on bonus next year. You watch - they expect the club to stand by them when they're injured and the fans to stay loyal when they're playing ****, but the first chance to f**k club and fans over for yet more millions, they'll take it.

If I thought anyone would buy Feo, I'd flog him. But he'll sign a pre-contract at Xmas, stop giving 100% and sit on the bench collecting a fortune before he buggers off to collect an even bigger fortune.

I don't mind players using clubs as stepping stones, or having personal ambition, but at least Michael Owen promised not to leave on a free.

If I thought we could get £30m+ for Song and Feo and we'd spunk it and their wages on a great DM, CM or wideman, great.

But we won't. Song will go to balance the books and Feo'll f**k off on a free next year.

The downward spiral will continue. At least Nasri and RVP got good money for the club in the last year of their contracts.

Ciaran
08-18-2012, 06:18 PM