PDA

View Full Version : Back from the game. Bit of a dour performance overall, but we looked solid ...

The A*ntöniö
08-18-2012, 05:19 PM
What we lacked today was movement upfront which Podolski didn't give us enough of, but he can't be match fit. He's much more mobile than he showed today, I'm pretty sure.

Giroud's movement was better, peeled off his defenders much better and made a couple of interesting rund behind the defence. Missed a great chance.

Cazorla was good, busy bee, but was hampered bythe lack of movement ahead of him I think. The couple of times Giroud made the right run, Cazorla threaded it beautifully. So that's promising.

Diaby was lethargic, and Jenkinson hasn't done anything - today or before - to prove he is worthy of playing for a top four team. Pedestrian at best.

Gervinho - fkn'ell - this guy can run and dribble for fun, but for f**k's sake put your f**king bonce up http://www.awimb.com/images/smiley_icons/banghead.gif ... maybe the forehead is too heavy and gravity works well on it, but if he only put his head up, he would contribute a lot more in terms of decisive passes and shots. He just doesn't see enough of the game once he gets the ball. Let's hope AW can beat him into shape. Still a very rough diamond imo.

That is all.

Darren's Dodgy Denim
08-18-2012, 05:23 PM

Billy Goat Sverige
08-18-2012, 05:24 PM

The A*ntöniö
08-18-2012, 05:29 PM

Darren's Dodgy Denim
08-18-2012, 05:32 PM
the view from stands and from the armchair is a bit different. I still think there is a lot to be positive about.

Progbook
08-18-2012, 05:38 PM
Cazorla btw...You get what you pay for don't you?

plastic james
08-18-2012, 05:41 PM
i think we conceaded least shot of all teams in the league, yet we conceaded almost 50, that tells you something was not working

Flukey
08-18-2012, 06:30 PM