PDA

View Full Version : musing a hmm.....would rather have taken 8m less

wibble the lobster
08-16-2012, 12:56 PM
and sold him to juventus i think

it was juventus (I am told) who turned rvp's head in jan/feb with a massive wages offer.

utds' attacking line up of rooney, van persie, nani, valencia kagawa, henrandez and welbeck is really up there. you could query their central midfield but not much else.

I know many think (on the basis of one game v a dodgy cologne) that giroud, podolski et al look promising but adapting to the league may take time and we may have to be patient. In contrast ferguson has a long history of buying the best talent in the premier league from outside the top 4 (ie already adapted/proven) over the years (keane, ferdinand., rooney, nberbatov, valencia etc). I hope the fact we have sold to them is not indicative of our placing now in the league.

I read somewhere that bayern have bought javi martinez who would have been (imo) the best replacement for song. I suspect that guy on twitter who insists we will be signing mvila will be proven right. Again he will take time to adapt and then join barcelona once he establishes himself. or wenger may think diaby/coquelin/frimpong can do the same job. Of course losing song and van persie also loses a good part of our aerial defence which may point tiowards diaby playing more.

Starting a season with so many new players and untested combinations is not ideal and wenger has previously spoken out against introducing so many new faces. Chelski will have similar issues but City could be (surprisingly for once) settled.

a