PDA

View Full Version : i was just thinking

ChrisH2
08-15-2012, 10:56 PM
I was more upset when Frank Stapleton went. I was upset when Ray Kennedy left. I was most upset when we lost to Swindon in the Wembley mud. As a 17 year old Arsenal supporter, who'd been to every home game since 1958, the only one in my school as far as I knew, in a sea of Spuds, I was ribbed about it mercilessly until we won the Fairs Cup.

There should be an easy way for the transfer business to be done.Why should a player have to say something controversial to get a lucrative transfer without asking for one. There should just be an automatic contract clause which can be invoked at 2 years out, or 1 year out, with no recrimination.

Players deserve to be paid the most their talents'merit in an open market, His short career ends in 4-5 years tops, and he deserves all he can get from now until then. The Mancs can pay apparently,and they did, so there we are, subject to the Steward's enquiry. No worse than David Herd. Certainly no worse than Liam Brady. They all went for better money. No big deal. I'll always remember their goals and their magic. They were Arsenal. Nasri was Arsenal, Clichy, Toure, Hleb were Arsenal. You have to maximize your individual terms. It would be foolish if it were otherwise.

We are the Arsenal, you know who you are. The Arsenal now is different, but will still play the Arsene way, and I am really looking forward to it.

Arsene did another very good piece of business for us. The price was right. He makes them stronger so they have paid the price. Robin was great last year and it has been a thrill to watch him. I thank him for his service.
Up the Gunners.