Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: The Torreira and Guendouzi situation is irritating

The Torreira and Guendouzi situation is irritating

Obviously I'm happy with the job Arteta is doing but it's utterly baffling to me why he's curb stomping Torreira and Guendouzi out of the club. During the last two years it could well be argued both were among our 5 best performers. This certainly isn't the same as the Ozil situation where against certain styles of teams it was constantly like playing with 10 men. With Torreira and Guendouzi you rarely got a performance out of both that wasn't at least a 7/10 showing, even if the team was playing dog****. You could always count on both to dig in and do their job. I'd actually rate both higher than Xhaka.

The selling prices being quoted for Torreira are a joke as well. I'm hearing barely over £20m. Double that would be cheap for a player of this quality. He's 24 and under a long term contract. Guendouzi is still only 21 and not even close to his prime and again, under a long term contract. It just seems a completely ridiculous situation to be in.

Is Thomas Partey who we seem to be throwing all our eggs into the basket over really worth more than these two players combined? I'm not convinced.

We can’t catch a break.

When Liverpool cashed in on Coutinho they got Van Dyke and Allison.

We have our own assets to sell but now have to accept Covid prices....trying to sell at the worse time.

Ffs

Martinez was a complete joke.

£17m?

Then we get told - yeah that’s the new normal with Covid.

Man should be £40m EASY.

General thoughts -

Torreria - Can understand ie you don’t like England and misses Italy. Ok fine...at least you’re not killing cops and rioting about it.

Guendouzi - I think it’s a bit of Arteta laying down the law and Gwen being a little childish...the two of them need to admit their faults and sort it the f uck out.

Partey - my one worry about him is how much improvement is left after years of playing in a brutal Simeone side. We could be getting a tired beaten up shell of a player.

Aour - never heard of him until a few weeks ago...looks decent.

Apparently Torreira broke up his girlfriend soon after joining and had been without ever since.

Pretty disappointing not one person at the club could’ve helped him with this.

Must’ve been annoying watching Unai run around with his 2 mistresses.

Poor lad.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    Apparently Torreira broke up his girlfriend soon after joining and had been without ever since.

Pretty disappointing not one person at the club could’ve helped him with this.

Must’ve been annoying watching Unai run around with his 2 mistresses.

Poor lad.
    Pat Rice could have helped him out with a hand job, at least.