Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: And for today's 'learn something new everyday' piece, I give you this.....

And for today's 'learn something new everyday' piece, I give you this.....

Allowing that ‘buffalo’ can be both an animal, a place and a verb (meaning to outwit or intimidate) makes ‘Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo’ a grammatically correct English sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Allowing that ‘buffalo’ can be both an animal, a place and a verb (meaning to outwit or intimidate) makes ‘Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo’ a grammatically correct English sentence.
    Can you explain a bit further

Not quite the same as Kabbadi Kabbadi Kabbadi
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

Quote Originally Posted by barrybueno View Post
    Not quite the same as Kabbadi Kabbadi Kabbadi
    didn't they used to show kabaddi on Channel 4?

I can understand why they probably don't now...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    didn't they used to show kabaddi on Channel 4?

I can understand why they probably don't now...
    Personally, I was outraged that these foreigners just stole British Bulldog like that. Thieving scumbags.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Personally, I was outraged that these foreigners just stole British Bulldog like that. Thieving scumbags.
    It was invented in the Vedic period. 1,500-500BC. That's slightly before we had public school playgrounds. It's long before we (or anyone else) saw us as British.

You goras didn't invent every sport, you know?

From wiki:

the god Krishna played [kabaddi] in his youth, while the Mahabharata contains an account of Arjuna being able to sneak into hostile areas also take out enemies unscathed, which they are claiming that parallels the gameplay of kabaddi.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    It was invented in the Vedic period. 1,500-500BC. That's slightly before we had public school playgrounds. It's long before we (or anyone else) saw us as British.

You goras didn't invent every sport, you know?

From wiki:

the god Krishna played [kabaddi] in his youth, while the Mahabharata contains an account of Arjuna being able to sneak into hostile areas also take out enemies unscathed, which they are claiming that parallels the gameplay of kabaddi.
    It was a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    It was a joke.
    I know.

I just wanted to put the bit about Krishna using His divine kabaddi skills to drive Arjuna's chariot behind enemy lines and back.

You should read the Mahabharata. It's full of juicy bits. One guy gets so pîssed off he goes off into the forest and meditates or a sex change. Things like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    I know.

I just wanted to put the bit about Krishna using His divine kabaddi skills to drive Arjuna's chariot behind enemy lines and back.

You should read the Mahabharata. It's full of juicy bits. One guy gets so pîssed off he goes off into the forest and meditates or a sex change. Things like that.
    Pffft. If I wanted to be bombarded with fantastical nonsense, I'd listen to a Labour leadership debate.

That reminds me of one of my favourite lines in literature - I am sure it is John Irving's Hotel New Hampshire where he describes the magic of the word ****. It can be adjective noun and verb as in "The ****ing ****ers ****ed"

Is that from Stephen Fry?
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman