Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NightmareWIMB: In a car in a valley, with torrents of water pouring down ....

NightmareWIMB: In a car in a valley, with torrents of water pouring down ....

I was in a car in a valley, and torrents of water was pouring down into it. I was going to get flooded so I had to drive out of there, but the car had no power and was just going ‘phut-phut’ with a hole in it. It was Christmas, and I had to get to Brighton for lunch, but with the car gone I’d have to get public transport even though there wasn’t any, but I had to try, but I had to carry all the presents that I’d got people, and anyway, they were all at the old flat that I’d moved out of and it was already 4 o’clock in the afternoon.

Then I’ll wake up, and then I’ll try to get back to sleep to carry on the story and try to solve it all. No wonder part of me doesn’t really want to go to bed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I was in a car in a valley, and torrents of water was pouring down into it. I was going to get flooded so I had to drive out of there, but the car had no power and was just going ‘phut-phut’ with a hole in it. It was Christmas, and I had to get to Brighton for lunch, but with the car gone I’d have to get public transport even though there wasn’t any, but I had to try, but I had to carry all the presents that I’d got people, and anyway, they were all at the old flat that I’d moved out of and it was already 4 o’clock in the afternoon.

Then I’ll wake up, and then I’ll try to get back to sleep to carry on the story and try to solve it all. No wonder part of me doesn’t really want to go to bed.

The obvious solution is to go to the pub and have a pint. The rest of it can just go and **** itself. Problem solved.

In my nightmares I am me. Then I wake up and realise its true

I wouldn't go to Brighton if I were you. It's full of bumders and, far worse, green types

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    The obvious solution is to go to the pub and have a pint. The rest of it can just go and **** itself. Problem solved.

Christmas, though. Limited opening hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Christmas, though. Limited opening hours.
    There is bound to be one open somewhere. It doesnt have to be an all day session. Just a couple of looseners.

Some of the people you work with sound quite nightmarish, from what you've told us.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I wouldn't go to Brighton if I were you. It's full of bumders and, far worse, green types
    When we played Brighton at home the other week there was a stern warning on the arse.com website about no homophobic chanting, and then the entire matchday experience seemed to be given over to a celebration of gay goonerdom, with rainbow adverts, gay guest at half-time and lingering camerashots on the gay gooners banner. All very nice of, course, but having such a spectacle on the day the seagulls were visiting did seem to play along with the stereotype, tbh.

I felt like starting a twitter account and tweeting my outrage to shame the club into a grovelling apology and confession. I understand that's how things work these days.

Some of the people you work with sound quite nightmarish, from what you've told us.
    Nah....they are an annoyance but not much more. Of course, you expect a huge mass of lesbians to be pretty annoying.

I am in a spot of bother though. Having last week refused to include some meaningless data on equality and diversity in one of our key processes (because it is ****ing irrelevant) I have now been caught giggling at a report of someone being referred to as a 'screaming bender'.......

In my defence, the way it was reported was hilariously funny......

Nah....they are an annoyance but not much more. Of course, you expect a huge mass of lesbians to be pretty annoying.

I am in a spot of bother though. Having last week refused to include some meaningless data on equality and diversity in one of our key processes (because it is ****ing irrelevant) I have now been caught giggling at a report of someone being referred to as a 'screaming bender'.......

In my defence, the way it was reported was hilariously funny......
    Is your place an LGBT safe space?

You probably should have had a pre-winter service done on the car.