Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ss-gb

Ss-gb

Quite good, I thought.

Slow to start with but once the first proper Nazi arrived it picked up nicely. Was hoping the bint that was in 'And Then There Were None' was going to get strip searched but alas, a chap can't have everything. Overall, I'm looking forward to the rest of it.

What is it the BBC has about actors/actresses who mumble and slur? The bloke playing the lead looked 30 but talked like he was 75.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Quite good, I thought.

Slow to start with but once the first proper Nazi arrived it picked up nicely. Was hoping the bint that was in 'And Then There Were None' was going to get strip searched but alas, a chap can't have everything. Overall, I'm looking forward to the rest of it.

What is it the BBC has about actors/actresses who mumble and slur? The bloke playing the lead looked 30 but talked like he was 75.
    Well, he's had a hard time of it. He's a bit damaged.

I'm saving them up until I have them all recorded.

I read the book when it first came out in the 70s. It seemed extremely plausible then, in a London still scarred by bomb sites, where old boys would go 'down the Legion' after dinner to chat with their mates who had been through the experience and understood. Yes, even in the 70s the war seemed very close.

Quite good, I thought.

Funnily enough, speaking on alternative timelines, I just got to the end of the first season of King of the High Castle so was going to give this a go. Very mixed reviews so far but will check it out. The Daily Express are very upset by the mumbling Mind you, they must have been very excited by the idea of the Nazis winning so their disappointment must be expected

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Well, he's had a hard time of it. He's a bit damaged.

I'm saving them up until I have them all recorded.

I read the book when it first came out in the 70s. It seemed extremely plausible then, in a London still scarred by bomb sites, where old boys would go 'down the Legion' after dinner to chat with their mates who had been through the experience and understood. Yes, even in the 70s the war seemed very close.
    Wrong type of Spitfire in the opening scene.

Also, did people in pre-war London really have Big Bill Broonzy records? Really?

Also, why was he seemingly incapable of turning his collar down? And why was he about 12?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post

Also, did people in pre-war London really have Big Bill Broonzy records? Really?

Also, why was he seemingly incapable of turning his collar down? And why was he about 12?
    I didn't get why they kept making him dress like the evil Nazi in Raiders of the Lost Ark. All in black with a black hat and his collar up etc.

But the evil Nazi introduced about half way through was good. BTW, did we ever get what the year was meant to be? I thought I caught a reference to 'in 1941' as if it was in the past or something but wasn't sure if we knew any more than that.

You're suggesting they should have hired one of the multitudes of Mk 1 Spitfires still flying? Which propellor would you wish to see on the aircraft, b?

I didn't get why they kept making him dress like the evil Nazi in Raiders of the Lost Ark. All in black with a black hat and his collar up etc.

But the evil Nazi introduced about half way through was good. BTW, did we ever get what the year was meant to be? I thought I caught a reference to 'in 1941' as if it was in the past or something but wasn't sure if we knew any more than that.
    It was 1941, Yes.

You're suggesting they should have hired one of the multitudes of Mk 1 Spitfires still flying? Which propellor would you wish to see on the aircraft, b?
    The whole opening sequence was CGI, so why not do a bit more CGI to get the right plane?

The whole opening sequence was CGI, so why not do a bit more CGI to get the right plane?
    It was a CGI aircraft? In enough detail to see that it wasn't a Mk 1? How odd.

Of course, we don't know what a Spitfire would have looked like a year after losing the Battle of Britain. Do we know, for example, that engineers from Messerschmitt didn't take over at Vickers-Supermarine to work on the Spitfire as the basis of a new, all-conquering pan-European fighter, and make design changes accordingly?

It was a CGI aircraft? In enough detail to see that it wasn't a Mk 1? How odd.

Of course, we don't know what a Spitfire would have looked like a year after losing the Battle of Britain. Do we know, for example, that engineers from Messerschmitt didn't take over at Vickers-Supermarine to work on the Spitfire as the basis of a new, all-conquering pan-European fighter, and make design changes accordingly?
    They made it clear that it was the last surviving operational Spitfire that was being given to the Russians as a gift.

The plane was real but surely could have been GGI'd sufficiently not to upset the nerds, for goodness' sake.