Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lunch?

Lunch?

Tuna mayonnaise sandwich, cornichons.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Tuna mayonnaise sandwich, cornichons.

Smelly man. I'm going to go into Enfield and eat an obscene sausage while dribbling mustard down my shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Smelly man. I'm going to go into Enfield and eat an obscene sausage while dribbling mustard down my shirt.
    In fairness, I'll be eating it alone so no one will be subjected to the reek. I have some veal in the fridge, perhaps I'll knock up a quick vitello tonnato? Perhaps not.

I'd love a hot sausage

In fairness, I'll be eating it alone so no one will be subjected to the reek. I have some veal in the fridge, perhaps I'll knock up a quick vitello tonnato? Perhaps not.

I'd love a hot sausage
    Enfield is bizarrely good for effnick street food. There's a Turkish stall, the Vietnamese Banh Mi place, a Caribbean one, a Polish won - even an Argentinian hot meat vendor. And now German sausage.

Enfield is bizarrely good for effnick street food. There's a Turkish stall, the Vietnamese Banh Mi place, a Caribbean one, a Polish won - even an Argentinian hot meat vendor. And now German sausage.
    I had banh mi twice while in Hong Kong recently and had no stomach related issues at all.

One banh mi from a street food place in Canary Wharf the other week and I spent the afternoon running to the Gents.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    I had banh mi twice while in Hong Kong recently and had no stomach related issues at all.

One banh mi from a street food place in Canary Wharf the other week and I spent the afternoon running to the Gents.
    Banh mi? In Hong Kong? You realise Hong Kong isn't Vietnam, yes?

They all look the same to you, don't they?

There's a Cambodian version of banh mi, actually, the name of which escapes me. But... don't. Just don't. Whilst Cambodian food has many joys, (the beef curry with termites being particularly splendid) their version of banh mi is fúcking rank.

Banh mi? In Hong Kong? You realise Hong Kong isn't Vietnam, yes?

They all look the same to you, don't they?

There's a Cambodian version of banh mi, actually, the name of which escapes me. But... don't. Just don't. Whilst Cambodian food has many joys, (the beef curry with termites being particularly splendid) their version of banh mi is fúcking rank.
    Well you'd expect it to be better than in the UK, wouldn't you? Plus, the chap I went with is half Vietnamese, half French so he knew the place to go.

Phu and a banh mi, most excellent it was.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Well you'd expect it to be better than in the UK, wouldn't you? Plus, the chap I went with is half Vietnamese, half French so he knew the place to go.

Phu and a banh mi, most excellent it was.
    No no no no, I won't have it, you can't eat pho and banh mi in Hong Kong, it's cutural appropriation of the most oppressively imperialist kind.

Pho should only be eaten in the shophouse in Ho Chi Minh City where the Tet offensive was secretly planned. If you're lucky, after your lunch the Mama-san will take you upstairs to show you the plotters' room as well as the chair Uncle Ho sat in when he visited after the war.

No no no no, I won't have it, you can't eat pho and banh mi in Hong Kong, it's cutural appropriation of the most oppressively imperialist kind.

Pho should only be eaten in the shophouse in Ho Chi Minh City where the Tet offensive was secretly planned. If you're lucky, after your lunch the Mama-san will take you upstairs to show you the plotters' room as well as the chair Uncle Ho sat in when he visited after the war.
    We ate it in your kitchen

We ate it in your kitchen
    Yes, but that was from the original shophouse recipe which mama-san divulged to me on her deathbed and which I carried up my arse all those years in that bamboo cage. Yes.