Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If we think of Ozzy as a DB10-style CF, how could could Ozzy and Alexis be as a

If we think of Ozzy as a DB10-style CF, how could could Ozzy and Alexis be as a

strike partnership, in comparisons to others and to AFC history?

I like them playing together up front, because even when Alexis was out wide, you could see these two ate on the same wavelength.

I was sceptical at the start as I thought that whoever we say has taken Alexis's position on the left (either Feo or Iwobi) would score/make less goals than Olly G.

But now I think it can work. Alex and Feo mean we have a very pacey forward line, and Alexis being central makes it harder for defenders than when he was on the left and they knew what he'd do. I also think he likes being the main man.

Can they be better than Cesc/RVP at their peak? Bergkamp/Wright? How close could they come to Bergy/Titi?

After Titi signed, DB never got double figures in the league. (Best was 9 in 2002 and 14 overall.) Though we know what he created. But how close could they come?

I don't consider them a strike partnership because neither of them are strikers. They are both offensive midfielders with Ozil being the creator supplier and Alexis the finisher.

Our last proper partnership was Smith and Campbell? Or Smith and Merson?

DB's goals tailed off as he aged and he became a creator.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post

I like them playing together up front, because even when Alexis was out wide, you could see these two ate on the same wavelength.

I was sceptical at the start as I thought that whoever we say has taken Alexis's position on the left (either Feo or Iwobi) would score/make less goals than Olly G.

But now I think it can work. Alex and Feo mean we have a very pacey forward line, and Alexis being central makes it harder for defenders than when he was on the left and they knew what he'd do. I also think he likes being the main man.

Can they be better than Cesc/RVP at their peak? Bergkamp/Wright? How close could they come to Bergy/Titi?

After Titi signed, DB never got double figures in the league. (Best was 9 in 2002 and 14 overall.) Though we know what he created. But how close could they come?
    The tactics chappie who writes for Arseblog reckons that with Theo v2.0 and (hopefully) Iwobe being able to quickly get back to make a four in midfield, Mezut and Alexi make the two up top that Arsene has always favoured and used til 2009. Jorge might have read it too - I wonder have there been any small nuclear explosions in the Bradford area?

I am somewhat suspicious of tactics chappies, especially Septics who have only been watching the game for a few years, but that might be because I am a thick pigdog with no understanding of these things. Or it might just be that my bull**** detector is working.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post

Most importantly here, I think, is that you stop calling him Ozzy. Please

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    I don't consider them a strike partnership because neither of them are strikers. They are both offensive midfielders with Ozil being the creator supplier and Alexis the finisher.

Our last proper partnership was Smith and Campbell? Or Smith and Merson?

DB's goals tailed off as he aged and he became a creator.
    Was Terrance a striker? Is Suarez?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Terry converted into a striker. Suarez is.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Most importantly here, I think, is that you stop calling him Ozzy. Please
    Wasn't there a Turkish bloke on Eastenders years ago called Ozzie?

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    Terry converted into a striker. Suarez is.
    Well, there you go. Alexis is the poor man's Suarez, after all. And has scored almost exactly as many as Tel in his first 100 games.

The tactics chappie who writes for Arseblog reckons that with Theo v2.0 and (hopefully) Iwobe being able to quickly get back to make a four in midfield, Mezut and Alexi make the two up top that Arsene has always favoured and used til 2009. Jorge might have read it too - I wonder have there been any small nuclear explosions in the Bradford area?

I am somewhat suspicious of tactics chappies, especially Septics who have only been watching the game for a few years, but that might be because I am a thick pigdog with no understanding of these things. Or it might just be that my bull**** detector is working.
    I quite like listening to Arseblog as he can be quite amusing; however, he and his chum James know precisely fúck nothing from football tactics.

A minder, I thought?

"Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."