Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: PRSB, my Kamado Joe 3 Classic arrived yesterday

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    How you getting on with it?
    Yeah love it

I've made steak seared and then slower cooked over the deflector plate, spatchcocked chicken with the slow roller (amazing skin) and ribs for 3 1/2 hours. All turned out miles better than on my old Weber. Even Mrs WES is now a fan.

Did lamb burgers at the weekend and they turned out miles better than in the past, maybe just the extra heat.

Not done butt or brisket yet but they're on the list

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Yeah love it

I've made steak seared and then slower cooked over the deflector plate, spatchcocked chicken with the slow roller (amazing skin) and ribs for 3 1/2 hours. All turned out miles better than on my old Weber. Even Mrs WES is now a fan.

Did lamb burgers at the weekend and they turned out miles better than in the past, maybe just the extra heat.

Not done butt or brisket yet but they're on the list
    St. Louis ribs for me next week, a good 5 hr cook.

Not sure whether to invest in the slo-roller, as the classic ll doesn't come with it

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    St. Louis ribs for me next week, a good 5 hr cook.

Not sure whether to invest in the slo-roller, as the classic ll doesn't come with it
    I did St Louis ribs as well, ordered them online from Tom Hixson. Good but going to try a sort of honey garlic soya style sauce next time.

Slow roller came with the package I bought and was not convinced at all on it. But did the chicken recipe from youtube with Alabama sauce, look it up, it was very good. And the skin in the chicken really was a different class.