Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: So I have returned from India with my bowels in full working order

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Far be it from me to judge any man but I am not sure one can just dismiss, or excuse perhaps, the concept of street shítting as a "cultural oddity".

Can they not carry little bags like dog owners*?

*dirty bástárds
    I just can't imagine one can derive much enjoyment from a hastily coiled-down street poo, sw. And what do you wipe with?

All in all, unlike Sir C, I'd have to say I'm not a fan of street-shítting.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I just can't imagine one can derive much enjoyment from a hastily coiled-down street poo, sw. And what do you wipe with?

All in all, unlike Sir C, I'd have to say I'm not a fan of street-shítting.
    I find the whole thing quite disturbing.

Here we have a man, part Dutch and part Irish but masquerading as an English gentleman, a man who proclaims to like the finer things in life, a man who will openly lecture others on issues of courtesy, manners and protocol.

Yet he is a man who is defending, championing even, street shítting.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I find the whole thing quite disturbing.

Here we have a man, part Dutch and part Irish but masquerading as an English gentleman, a man who proclaims to like the finer things in life, a man who will openly lecture others on issues of courtesy, manners and protocol.

Yet he is a man who is defending, championing even, street shítting.
    Yes. Mind you, I have known him to pďss on a roundabout, so the signs were there if we'd been looking for them.

The advocacy - even love - for street-shîtting is a new low, though. I'd hoped it would never come to this.

Yes. Mind you, I have known him to pďss on a roundabout, so the signs were there if we'd been looking for them.

The advocacy - even love - for street-shîtting is a new low, though. I'd hoped it would never come to this.
    It's a perfectly natural function, b. This western obsession with locking it away as if something to be ashamed of confuses me.

Even Her Majesty gooes poopoo. And in her younger days, who is to say that she didn't occasionally enjoy the sense of freedom and sheer joie de vivre which accompanies voiding one's bowels whilst enjoying a cooling breeze.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    It's a perfectly natural function, b. This western obsession with locking it away as if something to be ashamed of confuses me.

Even Her Majesty gooes poopoo. And in her younger days, who is to say that she didn't occasionally enjoy the sense of freedom and sheer joie de vivre which accompanies voiding one's bowels whilst enjoying a cooling breeze.
    Good God! Now you've gone too far! Even Jeremy Corbyn would quail in the face of this sort of treasonous talk imo!

Her Majesty has NEVER defecated anywhere other than in the right and proper place.

Good God! Now you've gone too far! Even Jeremy Corbyn would quail in the face of this sort of treasonous talk imo!

Her Majesty has NEVER defecated anywhere other than in the right and proper place.
    And who are you to tell Her Majesty what constitutes a right and proper place for the Royal stool?

And who are you to tell Her Majesty what constitutes a right and proper place for the Royal stool?
    She understands protocol. She would never let the side down like that.

I imagine that Princess Margaret, on the other hand, shat wherever the fancy took her. Dirty cow.

Street shítting is a cultural oddity and is something that the Indian government and vast swathes of the population are actually addressing now. On the other hand I'm not sure we ought to be saying anything about it. If Johnny Indian wants to shít in the street and consider his chakras, who the hell are we to tell him what to do?

None of which is relevant to my point, which is that 'different' does not mean the same as 'wrong. I find these places where things are 'different' interesting. This, apparently, makes me weird.

Could I make you happy by only going on holiday to Magaluf and only eating in English restaurants?
    Honour killings, forced marriages and acid attacks are not 'different', nor is sh1tting in the street.

They are all abhorrent practices that you would be the first to condemn if executed by Muslims. But because you do holiday in India and not in Pakistan and Afghanistan you try and justify them.

I think the people are lovely, as I said, but I have precisely zero desire to spend my already limited number of holidays exploring a country that treats women like cattle, is utterly filthy and filled with disease and seems to employ about every third person as a security guard because of the lack of safety.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Ave some of that, Dutchie.

India - what a f*cking dump. Can Indians not actually plan anything? Every part of it seems to have grown organically and as a result you get a load of building sites, some rubbish others not, surrounded by a load of shanty shops, some rubbish, others not. Garbage everywhere, traffic everywhere, pollution everywhere. What a dump.

Lovely people all right, they seem very happy and genuine. Although how anyone can be happy living in that dump is beyond me, and quite why anyone would ever want to visit it given how many other wonderfully interesting and civilized parts of the world there are I will never understand.

Having said that, I quite enjoyed my trip and will look forward to returning to see the lovely people. India, less so.
    Why the fvck would you go to that place? Business I suppose? I don't like Indians except that I will concede some Indian girls have fine, swelling bosoms.