Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's my birthday tomorrow and it's gonna be hot, hot, hot

It's my birthday tomorrow and it's gonna be hot, hot, hot

Where's a nice spot in town where I can park myself and a book about filthy Allans for an indulgent day of blissful relaxation and Islamophobic inculcation?

Close proximity to good food, drink and a toilet also essential.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Where's a nice spot in town where I can park myself and a book about filthy Allans for an indulgent day of blissful relaxation and Islamophobic inculcation?

Rooftop bar at the ME.

https://www.melia.com/en/hotels/unit...oftop-bar.html

Allen Gardens, near Whitechapel

Ooh nice call. My old company hostrd a big event up there a couple of years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post

Ooh nice call. My old company hostrd a big event up there a couple of years ago.
    My coke dealer came to see me there on a beautiful summer evening a couple of years ago. He was wearing a string vest and cycling shorts He sat down at my table, waved cheerily to the Russian hookers sitting next door, threw the merchandise into my lap, and sparked up a huge spliff

No one gave him a second look. It's that sort of place.

Yes, my colleagues reported the same after spending the night there after said event.

Isn't there that appalling steakhouse STK downstairs? By which I mean the clientele rather than the food.

My coke dealer came to see me there on a beautiful summer evening a couple of years ago. He was wearing a string vest and cycling shorts He sat down at my table, waved cheerily to the Russian hookers sitting next door, threw the merchandise into my lap, and sparked up a huge spliff

No one gave him a second look. It's that sort of place.

There is a tremendous suite that has it's own access to that bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    There is a tremendous suite that has it's own access to that bar.
    I stayed at the hotel not long after it opened.

It was fúcking dire. Absolutely, outrageously, hideously fúcking dreadful. It's got 5 stars on the door

I stayed at the hotel not long after it opened.

It was fúcking dire. Absolutely, outrageously, hideously fúcking dreadful. It's got 5 stars on the door
    Does it have that weird lobby where it's all dark.
    The sales manager there was top notch though

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Does it have that weird lobby where it's all dark.
    The sales manager there was top notch though
    Dark? It's darker than the pits of Moria. It's blacker than, well, a black thing. The corridors are the same. I had to use the torch on my iPhone to find my bedroom, at 2 pm on a summer day. That was after waiting 20 minutes to check in because the beautiful person on reception wasn't actually on reception. After that, it all got worse.

Funnily enough my stay was a freebie from Amex, to whom I wrote afterwards saying that it was a good thing they hadn't charged me, because if they had, I'd have demanded my money back.