Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
Browsing the numerous racks of the new, hefty vinyl took me back decades. I might have to get a gramophone! :yourenotsinginganymorejorge:

Some bloke called Paul Weller has just released a double album with a picture of a bloke sitting in an armchair and smoking!. IN 2019! It's like nostalgia turned up to eleven.

They didn't have Dark Side of the Moon in though, which kind-of defeats the point of a record shop imo.

Seriously though, it's nice to witness a revival of music products you can actually see and feel as well as hear.
I think we had this conversation years ago, Ash, but the big mystery is why The Jam never found success/recognition/awareness across the pond. Other, some would say lesser, groups did from that era. I believe my thoughtful answer at the time was "Too Bloody English". I stick by that, although there are examples to refute. I'm looking at you Morrissey.

Along those lines, why The Rolling Stone and The Beatles but not The Kinks? Musical success it not altogether attached to musical proficiency and prowess. Look at Ringo. Luck is a pervasive intangible.