Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
No, I have heard that accusation many times. Usually from rather silly people who want to prove an unprovable point. Not that I am accusing you of anything of that sort, of course

I grew up plagued by The Who and didn't like them for a long time as a result. I do now. I grew up.

There are plenty of things I don't really listen to very often these days (including Zeppelin and The Smiths) but that is not to do with growing up or changing my mind. It is more that I played them to death for years and so now I only pay the occasional visit.

I've never managed to get to grips with Floyd. I find them quite irritating.

Radio Ga Ga is an awful song. Sorry, but it is.
I think you have heard that accusation many times, Peter, because you quite like playing the 'I'm a miserable f*cker' character. And to be honest, you play it well

We will have to agree to disagree on Radio Ga Ga, it is a sublimely beautiful song that feels me with joy each and every time I hear it. It's one of those songs that is so good that many people dislike it just because so many people like it, for no other reason. In my experience those sorts of people loved The Smiths, almost without exception.

I played the Stones to death as a teenager and through my university years. But I still love them and listen to them and discover new things in their songs. As an example, my favourite Stones song has continually changed over the years. From Sympathy for the Devil to Brown Sugar to the little know Memory Motel to my current favourite, Tumbling Dice.

Boogie with Stu off Physical Graffiti, I could still listen to that.