Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Nice 2 week break in Dubai for the squad

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Probably very good timing for this. Reset and go again.

Not sure about Onana from Everton....is that what we need?
    Not sure what warm weather training will do,
    Ben White tanned more than ever. and they will all be freezing cold when they get back I still am and been back a while

Yes, you're no doubt rich in OTHER ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    ooh I like this, By having no money I am a rich man.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    That's quite right. Alan Smith and Dennis and Robert Pires too.

Which just goes to show you; whilst almost all footballers can play football; very few footballers can score over 300 goals.
    Telling Dennis Bergkamp that he didn't score enough goals is like telling Led Zeppelin they didn't have enough hit singles.

Yes, you're no doubt rich in OTHER ways.
    I drive through puddles to splash people on purpose? Oh hang on thats a different Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Telling Dennis Bergkamp that he didn't score enough goals is like telling Led Zeppelin they didn't have enough hit singles.

They never got a number 1 in the charts though. (only abroad)

Yes, it's rationalising, making a virtue of not being able to get your hands on a decent centre-forward.

Goals from wide areas indicate narrow thinking?

I'd also remind you that it takes longer to do things quickly.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    They never got a number 1 in the charts though. (only abroad)
    Well they didnt release singles. They didn't want to. That was for other bands.

Dennis was the same. Others can score goals. If he focuses on scoring them himself, who is going to create them? Surely he needs to leave something for the others to do

Oh, no. He scored plenty. I meant, he would've scored even more had he been a worse player.

Anyway, I've always been a Maiden-man. Hit singles are overrated.

Yes, it's rationalising, making a virtue of not being able to get your hands on a decent centre-forward.
    It isn't as if there are undiscovered Ted Drakes knocking about here and there. Easier to turn a footballer into a centre forward than the other way around

Oh, no. He scored plenty. I meant, he would've scored even more had he been a worse player.

Anyway, I've always been a Maiden-man. Hit singles are overrated.
    Indeed. Iron Maiden had to get a lot worse before finally getting a number one