Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Interesting way to spin this story, given the fact that the NHS comes second last in

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Anyway.... the NHS comes out top overall and scores well in every category apart from the ‘everybody dying’ category.

Also note that category focuses on preventable diseases and mortality across a population, and NOT specifically on outcomes from NHS care.

It suggests an ageing, unhealthy, disease-ridden population rather than an incompetent, bureaucratic health care system. In other words, the NHS is doing a reasonable job but people are dying anyway.

Overall, proof it is the best healthcare system in the world.

And that everybody dies…..
    So a National Health Service bears no responsibility for the overall health of the nation's population? Interesting way of looking at it...

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    That's a sweeping generalisation, you know.

There are a lot of very hard-working people patching up the wounded and repairing the ill. The fact that I've had some negative experiences myself does not turn me against the organisation as a whole.
    Well said A.

There are a lot of very hard-working people patching up the wounded and repairing the ill.
    No-one said there weren't. And I'm sure that's just as much the case in other, better healthcare systems.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I'll take that. They should use that as a slogan.

Of course I won't be boring enough to point out that it's anything but free. That would be tedious.
    Ryanair isn't free but it may as well be when compared to other airlines. It’s also ****, you have to sit next to disease-ridden scum hacking their guts up and you stand a reasonable chance of being killed.

The NHS of the skies

So a National Health Service bears no responsibility for the overall health of the nation's population? Interesting way of looking at it...
    I didn't say that. I think my point is that you cant polish a turd.

No-one said there weren't. And I'm sure that's just as much the case in other, better healthcare systems.
    Which according to your survey, don't exist.

Best in the world, b.

There are a lot of very hard-working people patching up the wounded and repairing the ill. The fact that I've had some negative experiences myself does not turn me against the organisation as a whole.
    I wasn't being serious.

Ryanair isn't free but it may as well be when compared to other airlines. It’s also ****, you have to sit next to disease-ridden scum hacking their guts up and you stand a reasonable chance of being killed.

The NHS of the skies
    Great for a 45 minute jaunt over to Stansted all the same.

Which according to your survey, don't exist.

Best in the world, b.
    Yes. That league table is rather like a Premier League table that takes in a range of factors other than the outcomes of games, of course.

Arsenal would always win in such a system.

Yeah but too much of that gets into the whole 'preventative' thing, which is a slippery slope. Telling us how much we should be drinking (two pints a week max) and so on.