Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I miss Alex Song. Xhaka is better but Song had a certain something.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Funnily enough, I was musing on this just the other day. When it comes to playing through the lines, we've never really replaced Alex Song.
    Here's one that is never included in the greats
    Kenny Samson
    Did you know he was voted on the league team of the year 11 years in a row?Eleven times.I just leave that there.11

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    You fúcking cock.
    Better than Vieira, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCurly View Post
    Here's one that is never included in the greats
    Kenny Samson
    Did you know he was voted on the league team of the year 11 years in a row?Eleven times.I just leave that there.11
    Good left back in a **** team. Replaced by a more violent one, more to George's taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Good left back in a **** team. Replaced by a more violent one, more to George's taste.
    He never made a tackle, Sansom. Never needed to. When he hunkered down so his Dalglish-esque arse was near the floor he had a centre of gravity situated somewhere around Tasmania, which he used as a platform to shuffle the winger off into the crowd. It was amazing to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    He never made a tackle, Sansom. Never needed to. When he hunkered down so his Dalglish-esque arse was near the floor he had a centre of gravity situated somewhere around Tasmania, which he used as a platform to shuffle the winger off into the crowd. It was amazing to see.
    Indeed.Just because he's now an alky tramp doesn't mean he should be excluded from any "legends" list

Yeah. George didnt have time for all that ****. Kick the fella up in the air, lump the ball upfield.

Indeed.Just because he's now an alky tramp doesn't mean he should be excluded from any "legends" list
    He was living above an Indian restaurant near me until quite recently. I wondered about popping round there to try to help him out.

I didn't wonder about it for long, mind.

Last I saw, he was lying in a park in Beckenham drinking Matteus Rosé, c.

Matteus Rosé, for God's sake!

He was living above an Indian restaurant near me until quite recently. I wondered about popping round there to try to help him out.

I didn't wonder about it for long, mind.
    Yes, you'd have ended up taking him in, wouldn't you?

It's one thing taking in cats, but former Arsenal and England full-backs is quite another thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Yes, you'd have ended up taking him in, wouldn't you?

It's one thing taking in cats, but former Arsenal and England full-backs is quite another thing.
    Yes, I would undoubtedly have instantly seen him as my responsibility. And rehabilitating alcoholics is a well known path to a happy and contented life, isn't it?