Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coolest footballer ever?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    He had great hair. He had better hair than Charlie George.
    No man had better anything than Charlie George you foul heretic!

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    No man had better anything than Charlie George you foul heretic!
    I've got better fingers.

All ten of them.

I cried when I met Charlie George, h. He gave me a cuddle.

I've got better fingers.

All ten of them.

I cried when I met Charlie George, h. He gave me a cuddle.
    When I managed to get an invite to Robert McAlpine's suite at the Emirates I was told there would be a very good chance of meeting him. I mean really meeting him and sitting down to pre-match dinner with him.

I was going to ask him about the period before he left for Derby when Bertie Mee stubbornly benched him every week and was he aware of the "We want Charlie" cries from the North Bank and the "Bertie Mee's a deaf man" chants. In addition to prostrating myself before him and calling him my Liege of course.

He never made it that day c. he was unwell

When I managed to get an invite to Robert McAlpine's suite at the Emirates I was told there would be a very good chance of meeting him. I mean really meeting him and sitting down to pre-match dinner with him.

I was going to ask him about the period before he left for Derby when Bertie Mee stubbornly benched him every week and was he aware of the "We want Charlie" cries from the North Bank and the "Bertie Mee's a deaf man" chants. In addition to prostrating myself before him and calling him my Liege of course.

He never made it that day c. he was unwell
    Pissed, h. He was pissed.

I did the Highbury tour with him. He was like an angel in human form. Sadly, many of the people on the tour were JCLs like sw, and so didn't understand much of his sparkling repartee. "I got on very well with Denis Hill-Wood," he said. "We went to the same school." Deadpan, just like that.

Also, he was sound when referring to Spurs. "That shower of shít up the road that call themselves a football club."

A Great Man.
    Last edited by Sir C; 11-23-2017 at 01:18 PM.

A Great Man.
    he was our host when we did a 'corporate' in that little box next to the Clock End at THOF.

Charming bloke. Dislikes Spurs with an admirable level of passion
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

I did the Highbury tour with him. He was like an angel in human form. Sadly, many of the people on the tour were JCLs like sw, and so didn't understand much of his sparkling repartee. "I got on very well with Denis Hill-Wood," he said. "We went to the ame school." Deadpan, just like that.

Also, he was sound when referring to Spurs. "That shower of shít up the road that call themselves a football club."

A Great Man.
    Oh dear c. I fear SW is about to descend upon you like some wrathful avenging celtic warrior. Good luck.

Oh dear c. I fear SW is about to descend upon you like some wrathful avenging celtic warrior. Good luck.
    He admitted himself that he's never experienced a real Spurs game and has no understanding of the level of hatred and violence that used to be connected with the game before it became all safe and antiseptic on the late 80s.

You can't expect the bloke to comprehend a culture he never saw.

He admitted himself that he's never experienced a real Spurs game and has no understanding of the level of hatred and violence that used to be connected with the game before it became all safe and antiseptic on the late 80s.

You can't expect the bloke to comprehend a culture he never saw.
    Well then blast his eyes and damn him! I had always just assumed he was echte. Does he even know that we were the de-facto irish club in the 70's and could have conceivably fielded a team of 11 tater' scoffers?

I did the Highbury tour with him. He was like an angel in human form. Sadly, many of the people on the tour were JCLs like sw, and so didn't understand much of his sparkling repartee. "I got on very well with Denis Hill-Wood," he said. "We went to the same school." Deadpan, just like that.

A Great Man.
    I felt similar when meeting the other Charlie - and his rant when someone suggested United were a far better team than us (which at the time they certainly weren't) was so memorable

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I felt similar when meeting the other Charlie - and his rant when someone suggested United were a far better team than us (which at the time they certainly weren't) was so memorable
    It's amazing that he's such a proper Arsenal man, isn't it?