Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: When Airbus started, it was because no single company could afford the

When Airbus started, it was because no single company could afford the

development costs of an airliner. Same with the Tornado, no single country could afford to develop a multi-role combat aircraft. NASDA stopped building rockets and going to the moon because the USA couldn't afford to support the outrageous costs of a space programme.

Now some fella who's made a few quid off the internet can afford to do what the USA can't?

Nonsense on stilts. He's a Bond villain and he lives in a volcano, mark my words.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    development costs of an airliner. Same with the Tornado, no single country could afford to develop a multi-role combat aircraft. NASDA stopped building rockets and going to the moon because the USA couldn't afford to support the outrageous costs of a space programme.

Now some fella who's made a few quid off the internet can afford to do what the USA can't?

Nonsense on stilts. He's a Bond villain and he lives in a volcano, mark my words.
    and did it with more than an element of style and panache. Still, it's no Saturn V

And Elon Musk? It's an anagram of Hugo Drax, and his rocket is codenamed 'Moonraker'.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    and did it with more than an element of style and panache. Still, it's no Saturn V
    I don't quite understand why he wanted to strap one of his shítty cars to it, to be honest.

I don't quite understand why he wanted to strap one of his shítty cars to it, to be honest.
    I hope someone checked in the boot - sounds like he's smuggling a body out

Best place for it?

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Best place for it?
    True, at least in space it can't offend the Gods of Motoring.

Electric fúcking cars. It makes me sad.

Electric fúcking cars. It makes me sad.
    They are better than diesels, tbf.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    And Elon Musk? It's an anagram of Hugo Drax, and his rocket is codenamed 'Moonraker'.
    Judging by his appalling turn in Big Bang Theory, he is no actor. Perfect for the role then, a cruel person might say