Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Impressive starts by Chelsea and Liverpool

Impressive starts by Chelsea and Liverpool

We look way off the pace by comparison. Conte and Klopp are inspirational managers, whereas we are stuck with that senile old fart Wenger.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    We look way off the pace by comparison. Conte and Klopp are inspirational managers, whereas we are stuck with that senile old fart Wenger.
    Your point?...you were glad to be rid of Wenger last year Mo. You castigate many fans but go with whatever way the wind is blowing yourself. Kroenke out , Usmanov in , Wenger out , Wenger in...
    Last edited by 71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat; 08-13-2017 at 09:36 PM.
    Don't tell me I'm still on this feckin island!

Quote Originally Posted by bbrian View Post
    Your point?...you were glad to be rid of Wenger last year Mo. You castigate many fans but go with whatever way the wind is blowing yourself. Kroenke out , Usmanov in , Wenger out , Wenger in...
    Nyet, mon ami. I never called for Wenger's sacking. I said his departure should be managed. I still do, he is 67 years old. I have never booed him or called for him to go, he has done too much for the club to be denied respect. But the board has hidden behind him for years, allowing him to carry the can of our (relative) failures whilst giving him open support - so he can carrying on carrying the can.

Kronke I gave the benefit of the doubt for the first couple of seasons but I was never keen on him. Not a football man. An "investor", which is normally code for someone who wants to get money out of a club, not put money in. As indeed he has done. Not especially keen on one person owning a majority but if it must be so, reluctantly, it should be someone who's prepare to put money in. If Usmanov is that man, welcome.

I have wanted Kronke out for years and the evidence is there in my old posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Britain less Europe View Post
    Nyet, mon ami. I never called for Wenger's sacking. I said his departure should be managed. I still do, he is 67 years old. I have never booed him or called for him to go, he has done too much for the club to be denied respect. But the board has hidden behind him for years, allowing him to carry the can of our (relative) failures whilst giving him open support - so he can carrying on carrying the can.

Kronke I gave the benefit of the doubt for the first couple of seasons but I was never keen on him. Not a football man. An "investor", which is normally code for someone who wants to get money out of a club, not put money in. As indeed he has done. Not especially keen on one person owning a majority but if it must be so, reluctantly, it should be someone who's prepare to put money in. If Usmanov is that man, welcome.

I have wanted Kronke out for years and the evidence is there in my old posts.
    Ignore the silly old fool, Mo. Typical Irisher looking for a drunken fight late on a Saturday night. bri.
    When I was young and full of rage
    I hated Tottenham to the core
    But now I've reached a gentler age
    I hate the fùckers even more.

Quote Originally Posted by 71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat View Post
    Ignore the silly old fool, Mo. Typical Irisher looking for a drunken fight late on a Saturday night. bri.
    I am a bit grouchy..2 days on the spinny rides at an amusement park