Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I have managed to seriously offend somebody by asking them whether they need to be at

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Yes, they're really being rather tiresome about the whole thing, aren't they? Not really playing the game at all.

Mind you, if you saw what the ball was doing earlier, this knock by Amla is pretty bloody impressive.
    Every time I look at the screen I see the ball rolling to the rope again. They're being nasty to Moeen

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Every time I look at the screen I see the ball rolling to the rope again. They're being nasty to Moeen
    I was reading an interview with Moeen in which he revealed that he's just another Jew-hating Allan the other day. He's dead to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    In all fairness you don't give the impression of being particularly keen on women overall. Obviously I'd hate to judge before all the facts are in but it might not be beyond the realms of possibility that some of your latent, erm, misogyny pops out to the surface now and again. I have never had the mansplaining word directed at me be any of my lady-on-lady-action colleagues when I am explaining how certain things work.

No offence, like. I wouldn't want you to have to relive your experience of being under attack all over again.
    I think what you see of me on here is a reaction to the sheer amount of effort I have to put in on an hourly basis just to maintain a reasonable and healthy working relationship with some of these people……

I don’t dislike women at all. Some of my best friends are women. Well, one, actually. And she does hate women, but then most women do, don’t they. That’s just what they are like- all of them.

As a rule, the lezzas like me because I treat them the same as I do everybody- with mild, light-hearted contempt.

The problem isn’t my attitude to women, its my impatience with people’s hang ups, touchiness and personal bull****. My response to what I was going to do about her being offended was ‘well, she will just have to be offended, won’t she’…. It’s not my problem at all. None of my business, in fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I think what you see of me on here is a reaction to the sheer amount of effort I have to put in on an hourly basis just to maintain a reasonable and healthy working relationship with some of these people……

I don’t dislike women at all. Some of my best friends are women. Well, one, actually. And she does hate women, but then most women do, don’t they. That’s just what they are like- all of them.

As a rule, the lezzas like me because I treat them the same as I do everybody- with mild, light-hearted contempt.

The problem isn’t my attitude to women, its my impatience with people’s hang ups, touchiness and personal bull****. My response to what I was going to do about her being offended was ‘well, she will just have to be offended, won’t she’…. It’s not my problem at all. None of my business, in fact.
    Yes, but for the sort of people who spend their time being offended, letting you know how offended they are is sort of the point.

Bowling Rich - got to give you some credit for that one

I was reading an interview with Moeen in which he revealed that he's just another Jew-hating Allan the other day. He's dead to me.
    Well that was a very successful reverse jinx

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Ty LA. Mine's a Doom Bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    England aren't getting much change out of Dharmasena this match, are they? Every close call is going Sudeffrika's way, it seems to me.

I could be making this up, of course and am just still angry about the DRS being used to back up his písspoor decision against Bairstow the other day.

Ty LA. Mine's a Doom Bar.
    de Kok in now, though. He can be damaging if he gets going.

de Kok in now, though. He can be damaging if he gets going.
    Hmm yes, I think he should be higher up the order, really. All of the others after him are poes, though.