Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: People caught up in terrorist attacks who whip out their phones to film it

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Nope. I took a selfie with my mate but that was requested by another mate. Springsteen live is not a visual spectacle.
    The E Street Band in full flow is 'not a visual spectacle'?

You're clearly mentally diseased, and quite possibly dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    It's like dick pics imo. Apparently the yoot are forever sending pictures of their cocks to the opposite sex. To me this just seems bizarre and aberrant behaviour, but to many it's the norm.

I'm very glad I grew up before mobile phones.
    The ***** is not a visual spectacle, imo.

I agree, this is very odd behaviour indeed. I mean, a pair of tits is ok....

Nope. I took a selfie with my mate but that was requested by another mate. Springsteen live is not a visual spectacle.
    I had a chap holding up his phone at the last gig I went to, right in front of me to the extent of becoming my sole focus. Now this wasn’t the one song, this was beginning to look like the fúcker was attempting to record the whole thing, or perhaps the first album as the gig was a live re-appraisal of the first two albums by the band.

I really don’t understand it.

Had to move in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    The E Street Band in full flow is 'not a visual spectacle'?

You're clearly mentally diseased, and quite possibly dangerous.
    Not really, no. Then again, I am always miles from the stage so I am looking at black dots.

Its still old men playing instruments.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    It's like dick pics imo. Apparently the yoot are forever sending pictures of their cocks to the opposite sex. To me this just seems bizarre and aberrant behaviour, but to many it's the norm.

I'm very glad I grew up before mobile phones.
    I simply refuse to believe this. I imagine it is something that has happened on occasion and the frequency has simply been exaggerated for the sake of a story.

Which self-respecting chap would send a lady a picture of the membrum virile? No, I simply refuse to believe it.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I had a chap holding up his phone at the last gig I went to, right in front of me to the extent of becoming my sole focus. Now this wasn’t the one song, this was beginning to look like the fúcker was attempting to record the whole thing, or perhaps the first album as the gig was a live re-appraisal of the first two albums by the band.

I really don’t understand it.

Had to move in the end.
    ****s. I went on a three hour coach trip in Iceland to see the Northern Lights. When we finally found a patch of clear sky, everyone got out and pretty much all of them started setting up their cameras- ****ing tripods, buttons on leads, different lenses.

I swear to God I was the only person actually looking up at the sky.

It was pretty ****, by the way. Like looking at a pale green cloud.

Not really, no. Then again, I am always miles from the stage so I am looking at black dots.

Why do you feel the need to say these things, my son? Does it give you pleasure? Does the demon inside reward you with warm feelings when you utter these blasphemies? Does the torment stop for a moment?

For you I can prescribe two possible cures for your ailments:

1. An exorcism.
    2. Death.

Choose wisely.

Jesus wept.

We are both aware that up to now I have had little respect for your musical views and inputs, now you are just dead to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Why do you feel the need to say these things, my son? Does it give you pleasure? Does the demon inside reward you with warm feelings when you utter these blasphemies? Does the torment stop for a moment?

For you I can prescribe two possible cures for your ailments:

1. An exorcism.
    2. Death.

Choose wisely.
    Stop being such a silly old fool.

The point is that the visual spectacle is deliberately reduced so as not to detract from the narrative. Hence there is pretty much no light show, a plain black backdrop and most of the band dress in black or a dark colour. It isn't like a Pink Floyd gig is it.

This is the show. It is there to be felt, listened to and experienced. It isn't something to gawp at and take endless photos.

Anyway, the camera on my phone is a bit ****.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Jesus wept.

We are both aware that up to now I have had little respect for your musical views and inputs, now you are just dead to me.
    Visually, that is what it is. Bruce is not Steve Tyler. He doesn't backflip round the stage, he doesn't prance like Mick Jagger. He puts everything into the voice.

It isn't something to film. I don't know why you have an issue with this.

I saw Weller on that Jools Holland special last week. Nice enough but hardly a camera moment.