Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: ooooh, well done Arsene

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Nah, mate. You don't want do be doing that poncificated nonsense. Birds Eye fishfingers, grilled, and served between two slices of white bread and tomato ketchup.
    I find you have to season them these days, though. They've taken all the lovely salt and monosodium glutamate out.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Indeed. Who doesn't love a fish finger sandwich.

Happy New Year by the way
    And to you, sw.

I spent christmas day evening drinking with a dear old friend from the old country. He brought a bottle of Paddy, for nostalgic reasons. We finished it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Nah, mate. You don't want do be doing that poncificated nonsense. Birds Eye fishfingers, grilled, and served between two slices of white bread and tomato ketchup.
    That is also nice, a.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Well apart from a piece of cod loin as thick as your forearm dipped in beer batter, deep fried to perfection and served with ketchup, mushy peas, salt and malt vinegar. I love a fishfinger, don't get me wrong, but battered cod is a thing of joy. The chips are barely necessary in such a feast.
    Do you still eschew the batter, you absolute princess, or have you got over yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    And to you, sw.

I spent christmas day evening drinking with a dear old friend from the old country. He brought a bottle of Paddy, for nostalgic reasons. We finished it.
    I did the full Boxing Day with all the family at my folks' place. Drinking started early. By my calculations I got drunk three times and sobered up twice before collapsing into bed at some time after midnight and waking up the next morning feeling like death. I'd promised the wife I'd drive back, but literally couldn't do it (certainly not legally, anyway). She was unimpressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Do you still eschew the batter, you absolute princess, or have you got over yourself?
    Oh, I've got over it now that I make the batter myself. Much chip shop batter is soggy shíte and not worth bothering with, tbf.

What is it about malt vinegar, though? Its earthiness works in a way that other, more refined vinegars simply don't.

Oh, I've got over it now that I make the batter myself. Much chip shop batter is soggy shíte and not worth bothering with, tbf.

What is it about malt vinegar, though? Its earthiness works in a way that other, more refined vinegars simply don't.
    One of the pure pleasures of being home was walking into a chip shop and just savouring the aroma - and then getting a **** off big piece of cod and lots of vinegar soaked chips. I even got a free pen :result:

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    One of the pure pleasures of being home was walking into a chip shop and just savouring the aroma - and then getting a **** off big piece of cod and lots of vinegar soaked chips. I even got a free pen :result:
    It is one of those meals that - enjoyed occasionally and when it's done right - is just one of the best things in the world.

It also demands to be eaten with the fingers, I find. a hunk of firm cod and crisp batter torn off with the fingers and shovelled unceremoniously into the gob is truly joyful.

Americans get fish and chips are very, very wrong, WES.
    Possibly although this was an 'Irish Pub' so the chips were of the right size. Not sure about the fish, it's not something I'd ever order over there although the two Yankee women probably thought it was dead original.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    From Mike Dean?