Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stan trying to buy up Usmanov's shares

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    He'll certainly have had enough if our owner is bantering what money we do make off to his ranch, while City are still spending the billions squeezed out of the blood of slaves in the UAE and Chelsea roll in the billions stolen from Russian grannies.
    Do you remember when our idea of an evil chairman was Doug Ellis, Ron Noades or Ken Bates? The worst they ever did was a dodgy property deal, casual racism or a slight oversight on their tax return. Those were the days.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    We didn’t resist it, we just simply chose to bury our heads in the sand and ignore it.

We did not need globalisation or it’s sort.

But it’s okay because we are a remarkably well run club who does things the right way. Do you know there will be blue and white flowers in the boardroom on Sunday, worth at least a goal start that, and not just because they are all pooves.
    We are a very well-run club, imo, that does things the right way, up until the moment somebody demanded we try to win the European Cup

"Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Do you remember when our idea of an evil chairman was Doug Ellis, Ron Noades or Ken Bates? The worst they ever did was a dodgy property deal, casual racism or a slight oversight on their tax return. Those were the days.
    I find it hard to dislike City.

The financial strength of their parent company does not bother me a jot, in fact I quite like the way they spend money with complete abandon and as a team to watch play football I find them a joy at times.

Sadly when I watch us of late I find myself getting bored.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    We are a very well-run club, imo, that does things the right way, up until the moment somebody demanded we try to win the European Cup

I wonder who gets the big chair?

The financial strength of their parent company does not bother me a jot, in fact I quite like the way they spend money with complete abandon and as a team to watch play football I find them a joy at times.

I was in the room with the telly on for about 70 minutes of the game last night.

I probably actually watched about 10 minutes.

It just seems a very small table, doesn't it? They must all be elbowing each other during board meetings.

The chairman obviously.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    It just seems a very small table, doesn't it? They must all be elbowing each other during board meetings.
    I gather the new one, at the Emirates, is much larger and also impeccably appointed. Parkinson's Law, innit

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    The chairman obviously.
    You're annoying me now. Who is the chairman?

I don't mind all that either, but when Manchester City are on, I play FIFA. Or more likely, take the dogs out.