Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Did anyone manage to watch the interviews afterwards?

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    I thought Cesc's comments post match were very good.
    Keown's were spot on imo

as were Amy Lawrence's as usual
    https://www.theguardian.com/football...P=share_btn_tw
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Appears that way.

An undertone that the process will be a youth development process, do you think?
    Nelson, Asano and Emile Smith Rowe will be like new signings

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    What did he say, a? (I went to bed.)
    Talking about Ozil and the change of mindset from a player moving from Real Madrid where he played with Ronaldo etc etc to Arsenal. Having lesser players around him requires a change to his approach to the game. Ozil was not the superstar or the only superstar in Madrid but was always expected to be at Arsenal.
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Nelson, Asano and Emile Smith Rowe will be like new signings
    We need to give some of the youth team lads a proper opportunity now. I’d like to see Nelson and even Sako get a go in the wide positions. Other clubs have given similar types of youngsters a chance and reaped the rewards. We loaned our best youngsters out and then wasted time and money loaning Denis Suarez in. Spend the money we do have in CM and defence.

Talking about Ozil and the change of mindset from a player moving from Real Madrid where he played with Ronaldo etc etc to Arsenal. Having lesser players around him requires a change to his approach to the game. Ozil was not the superstar or the only superstar in Madrid but was always expected to be at Arsenal.
    well I am always suspicious when a player is still with us without another big club coming in for him.

People massively overrate what Ozil did in Spain. At Madrid practically every game he was the first subbed off after 60 odd mins.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal Alcoholic Review View Post
    People massively overrate what Ozil did in Spain. At Madrid practically every game he was the first subbed off after 60 odd mins.
    He’s not daft and he won’t be going anywhere. We have our own Winston Bogarde. Happy to sit in the reserves for a couple of years and just take the money.