Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How was your weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Would burning it down not have been easier?
    He could have buried his parmesan beneath it first as a sort of homage.

Samuel Pepys buried his Parmesan cheese in his garden to keep it safe from the Great Fire of London. Perhaps you buried yours in the back garden?
    I wish I had a back garden.
    Only have a small front won.

I decided to have a drive around some areas where houses seem a bit affordable. I can see why. One road was just a long endless road of Cash and carries, warehouses and roundabouts.

I shall of course. Do you think poor Monkman has ever known the touch of a woman?
    Not a conscious or live one, no.

One shudders to speculate about his browsing history.

Would burning it down not have been easier?
    Not splendidly isolated enough, unfortunately. And the garden fence would probably gone up as well.

Quote Originally Posted by 71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat View Post
    I'm actually thinking of a greenhouse. Grow your own sort of thing.
    Do you have kids? If so, forget any hope of a greenhouse, because they will find a way of smashing it.

Do you have kids? If so, forget any hope of a greenhouse, because they will find a way of smashing it.
    The evil stepdad (me) has made sure they buggered off by age 18 There are one or two ruffians nearby but I think it'll be ok. Anyway, most modern greenhouses aren't glass...

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I am £750 lighter from a new washing machine and a new fan.

The white wine came out at circa 1300 hours. It was not put away/finished until 2130 by which time I was falling asleep in front of the golf.

Feeling exhausted this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by 71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat View Post
    The evil stepdad (me) has made sure they buggered off by age 18 There are one or two ruffians nearby but I think it'll be ok. Anyway, most modern greenhouses aren't glass...
    Yes. I've always had a yearning for a polytunnel. Thing is, though, they're bloody ugly. I used to have a little, heated glass greenhouse in my back garden, but my stepson narrowly avoided killing himself by putting his leg through it while climbing the fence, so down it had to come.

Yes. I've always had a yearning for a polytunnel. Thing is, though, they're bloody ugly. I used to have a little, heated glass greenhouse in my back garden, but my stepson narrowly avoided killing himself by putting his leg through it while climbing the fence, so down it had to come.
    Bless him. Not too bothered about the aesthetics but the wife doesn't want to lose the garden area (cat toilet) or the bloody artificial grass she insisted on putting down so it'll have to be no bigger than 8x6 or so. That's my job for the week off sorted then...

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I am £750 lighter from a new washing machine and a new fan.

Walked the Uxbridge Road to Uxbridge on Saturday. Southall on a hot, sunny saturday is amazing. Like being on holiday somewhere exotic. Ended with a pint in a pub by the river Colne on the border of Greater London and Buckinghamshire.

Visted some of Ms A's rellies in Befordshire yesterday - another walk in the sun followed by pub roast dinner. Was bloody knackered last night.