Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Now I know I'm slightly obsessed by The Guardian, but in this piece, the author

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    ffs then I can't really explain even though it is quite simple. I have a bottle of 6.8 per cent IPA on my desk and I am buggered (oops sorry Mike and Don) if I am going to ruin my mood with this ****
    You strike me as the sort of chap who would happily murder children just to win an argument.

This is in no way a slight on you, nor do I mean to suggest that you would happily murder children.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    It's a barely-literate propaganda rag.

No wonder it's going bankrupt.
    Yes. Mind you, I was reading about the Bloodhound lot in the Telegraph and they came up with this gem: 'Mr Ayer's interest in planes began as a child during the Blitz, when he would watch Spitfires and Hurricanes flying in the sky.'

I really despair. First of all, they mean the Battle of Britain and second, where else would they be flying? In his ****ing bath?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    You strike me as the sort of chap who would happily murder children just to win an argument.

This is in no way a slight on you, nor do I mean to suggest that you would happily murder children.
    I actually take that as a a compliment

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Yes. Mind you, I was reading about the Bloodhound lot in the Telegraph and they came up with this gem: 'Mr Ayer's interest in planes began as a child during the Blitz, when he would watch Spitfires and Hurricanes flying in the sky.'

I really despair. First of all, they mean the Battle of Britain and second, where else would they be flying? In his ****ing bath?
    And apart from that, it's ugly. Ugly prose makes me sad.

I can't stop thinking about when The Grauniad finally folds and that little **** Jones is on the dole. Hopefully all his whining about the plight of the poor will turn out to be true and the juvenile commie will starve to death.

Or drown in his own shít.

Or get caught up in a hideous psycho killer scanrio, where the bloke eviscerates his mother in front of his face and then chokes him to death on her steaming guts.

I don't like him much.

I actually take that as a a compliment
    Oh ffs, pass me a beer

No, I don't think it is a massive slight on a man who chose a massive homophobe as his VP and whom she believes, with some justification, openly jokes about the subject. I don't think it a massive slight on a man who openly says in an election campaign he could walk into Times Square and shoot someone without it affecting his ratings. He has set the bar very low and I don't think it does much credit to anyone to sink to his level and I think it is a poorly written piece. ffs awimb now constitutes half the readership of that story I would think
    So based on your feelings about his VP, the suspicion that he jokes about the subject (although, if he said that, I read that as him making fun of his VP, tbh) and something entirely unrelated that he said during the election, you're happy with the suggestion that he'd happily preside over the hanging of gay people?

Righto.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    And apart from that, it's ugly. Ugly prose makes me sad.

I can't stop thinking about when The Grauniad finally folds and that little **** Jones is on the dole. Hopefully all his whining about the plight of the poor will turn out to be true and the juvenile commie will starve to death.

Or drown in his own shít.

Or get caught up in a hideous psycho killer scanrio, where the bloke eviscerates his mother in front of his face and then chokes him to death on her steaming guts.

I don't like him much.
    Sadly, the lefties will always find a slot for him. He'll end up being a Labour spokestw@t and probably an MP or what have you.

I don't know what Abi Wilkinson will do, though. I suspect the poor girl has trouble putting her clothes on the right way round, so god knows what she'll do without the safety net of The Guardian feature pages.

Sadly, the lefties will always find a slot for him. He'll end up being a Labour spokestw@t and probably an MP or what have you.

I don't know what Abi Wilkinson will do, though. I suspect the poor girl has trouble putting her clothes on the right way round, so god knows what she'll do without the safety net of The Guardian feature pages.
    WHAT IF HE GOT RAPED TO DEATH IN THE ÁRSE! BY CRAZED ALLANS!

So based on your feelings about his VP, the suspicion that he jokes about the subject (although, if he said that, I read that as him making fun of his VP, tbh) and something entirely unrelated that he said during the election, you're happy with the suggestion that he'd happily preside over the hanging of gay people?

Righto.
    I am neither happy or unhappy with it

Correct me if I am wrong but was she the one that was suggesting 100% inheritance tax?

I dislike this idea....