Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bairstow just holed out at mid-on when we were 84-4 chasing four hundred and plenty.

Bairstow just holed out at mid-on when we were 84-4 chasing four hundred and plenty.

This is the man Rich reckons should open the batting

Ginger twát

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post

Ginger twát
    I'm not ginger.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I'm not ginger.
    We've only got your word for that.

Ginger twát
    84-4 chasing 400 is a bit like losing the first leg 5-1 to Bayern. He probably just wants it over with.

Ginger twát
    Just read Swann worrying that Jennings and Balance were in such poor nick. I thought both were picked primarily on form??

Ballance needs to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Just read Swann worrying that Jennings and Balance were in such poor nick. I thought both were picked primarily on form??

Ballance needs to go.
    They're not in poor form, they just aren't any fūcking good.

They're not in poor form, they just aren't any fūcking good.
    That said, Cook's dismissal was ridiculous.

THey had a chance today to show that they can build a test innings. They seem to have accepted defeat instead.

Pretty poor. I would have loved a bat in this situation. Like a dream come true

That said, Cook's dismissal was ridiculous.

THey had a chance today to show that they can build a test innings. They seem to have accepted defeat instead.

Pretty poor. I would have loved a bat in this situation. Like a dream come true
    That is the worrying thing. They clearly went in today with no belief that they could stick around and at least make South Africa work for the win. They just didn't know whether they wanted a shīt or a haircut, played stupid, inappropriate shots and gave their wickets away.

That is the worrying thing. They clearly went in today with no belief that they could stick around and at least make South Africa work for the win. They just didn't know whether they wanted a shīt or a haircut, played stupid, inappropriate shots and gave their wickets away.
    Where is the pride, even if it is personal and selfish? At least play for your average.

You would think they would see it as a great chance to prove all the criticism wrong. Instead they have proved it is 100% correct.
    Where is the opener who batted with a broken hand in India? Give him a go.

Where is the pride, even if it is personal and selfish? At least play for your average.

You would think they would see it as a great chance to prove all the criticism wrong. Instead they have proved it is 100% correct.
    Where is the opener who batted with a broken hand in India? Give him a go.
    They do give every impression of being a side who, if anything doesn't go their way, will simply give up because it's too hard. Too many players in that side who expect to be able to leave the hard yards to others (Cook, Root, Ali). And if those others don't come off, they seem to think that's a good excuse to give up.

Sir Geoffrey is FEWMIN!