Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Ash's pedestrian suvival tips.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    What about dropping to the floor with arms and legs together (ideally with feet facing towards the car) when the vehicle is around 2 meters away? If they are going at speed then I would think they'd struggle to adjust course in sufficient time to get one of the tyres to roll over you. And actually, you are far more likely to survive a tyre rolling over you than you are being smashed by the front of the car.
    On first reading I thought that sounded a bad idea, as most vehicles do not have the ride height to allow a person of average build beneath. A short trip up and down the road confirms that almost every car has a bumper too close to the ground - never mind the bits of dangling plumbing further under. Might work for some lorries. Would take some balls to try it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    On first reading I thought that sounded a bad idea, as most vehicles do not have the ride height to allow a person of average build beneath. A short trip up and down the road confirms that almost every car has a bumper too close to the ground - never mind the bits of dangling plumbing further under. Might work for some lorries. Would take some balls to try it though.
    Well, in the case of a Hyundai i40 which was yesterday's weapon of choice, I think you could just about squeeze under. Sure, some of the trim may issue you a glancing blow but you wouldn't be taking the whole force. If jumping in the Thames was an option, I would take that first. However, this could work as a last resort. Perhaps consider adding an addendum to your guide?