Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So farewell then, New Musical Express

So farewell then, New Musical Express

Online only now.

Meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Online only now.

Meh.
    A load of pretentious art student wánk, b. Back in its 80s heyday, anyway.

It almost ruined my teenage years.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    A load of pretentious art student wánk, b. Back in its 80s heyday, anyway.

It almost ruined my teenage years.
    By making you like The Smiths, you mean?

By making you like The Smiths, you mean?
    By telling me that I was supposed to like The Smiths and loads of other tuneless, pretentious, art student shít.

It took me until I was 17 to realise that the fault wasn't with me, but with them.

By telling me that I was supposed to like The Smiths and loads of other tuneless, pretentious, art student shít.

It took me until I was 17 to realise that the fault wasn't with me, but with them.
    Hmmm. Well I'm not sure that's for you to judge, really.

Hmmm. Well I'm not sure that's for you to judge, really.
    Perhaps. Perhaps it would be more accuare to say that it took me until 17 to become adult enough to realise that the opinions of others are of no consequence to me. Particularly the sort of people who champion The Smiths.

Perhaps. Perhaps it would be more accuare to say that it took me until 17 to become adult enough to realise that the opinions of others are of no consequence to me. Particularly the sort of people who champion The Smiths.
    The Smiths were ace, so bumholes to you!

Poor bugger. I blame the parents
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Whether the Smiths were any good or not is, of course, a matter of taste and opinion. In my universe they might have been quite good had that complete pillock not been their singer.

And I never felt under any pressure from that corrupt and pretentious rag to like or dislike anything on their say so. I only ever really read the letter from John Connolly, New Barnet at the end each week anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Whether the Smiths were any good or not is, of course, a matter of taste and opinion. In my universe they might have been quite good had that complete pillock not been their singer.

And I never felt under any pressure from that corrupt and pretentious rag to like or dislike anything on their say so. I only ever really read the letter from John Connolly, New Barnet at the end each week anyway.
    Well, no. Because without Morrissey, they wouldn't have been The Smiths. They'd have been Johnny Marr and some other cvnt. And that's never worked out particularly well if you ask me.