Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Anthony Bourdain gone.....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I have given this matter a great deal of thought as you can imagine, h. Sleeping pills for me, I think. Drift off to the land of nod and never wake up. Lovely. On the other hand, I suppose you might wake up vomiting violently and then go through agony dying of organ failure.

I think we can agree that suicide is fraught with danger.
    Running headlong into a wall of machine gun fire at the Somme for me. Imagining that is the only way I get to sleep at night.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Running headlong into a wall of machine gun fire at the Somme for me. Imagining that is the only way I get to sleep at night.
    Is everything alright, a? Is there anything you'd like to share with the group?

Do you have a WW1 fetish, Ash? Or is this some kind of generational guilt kind of thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Do you have a WW1 fetish, Ash? Or is this some kind of generational guilt kind of thing?
    Dunno. Maybe both. Romantic though, isn't it? Dulce et decorum est. Pro patria mori. Which as we know translates as "It's fùcking ace to die for a yard of land".

Dunno. Maybe both. Romantic though, isn't it? Dulce et decorum est. Pro patria mori. Which as we know translates as "It's fùcking ace to die for a yard of land".
    I think it is quite common to envision oneself at a place and point in history and romanticise it....

I doubt The Somme in 1916 is a particularly common destination.......