Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Team being abused at the airport last night. You really have to ask

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Yes I recall "flid" though the timeless classics, sadly lost in the modern world, were the simple references of Joey Deacon (shortened to Joey) and Gaylord neither of which had any comeback.
    How could I forget Joey? And gaylord was a good one. One of Dick Emery's characters was called Gaylord.

I was wondering if Gay Byrne's full name was Gaylord Byrne, only to google him and discover it wasn't (short for Gabriel), but that his middle name is 'Mary'.

His parents really didn't like him, did they?

I also discovered that 'Gaybo' is one of his nicknames.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gay_Byrne

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    whether they actually saved any time by flying? It was only Rennes, wasn’t it? Quick blast down the M20, 30 minutes through the pipe and you’re on your way. No arsing around at airport security or suffer Sleazyjet.

Think on, kids. Te aeroplane isn’t always the answer.
    Didn't they just turn their backs on the abusers like they did when anyone threatened to shoot last night?

One mourns the loss of jewbag, accompanied by a hooked index finger being drawn down the nose, to describe someone mean.
    Not many of that lot knocking around Newry in the 80s Dutch.

Would not have had the same bang for buck.

One mourns the loss of jewbag, accompanied by a hooked index finger being drawn down the nose, to describe someone mean.
    We always just made do with the word 'Jew', considering that was insult enough.

Although we would elongate it to 'Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew', obviously. Usually whenever someone was seen picking any coin of a denomination smaller than a 5p off the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Didn't they just turn their backs on the abusers like they did when anyone threatened to shoot last night?
    If the Michael Jackson documentary taught me anything, la, it's not to turn your back on an abuser.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    If the Michael Jackson documentary taught me anything, la, it's not to turn your back on an abuser.
    Nice finish, b - so to speak

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Bit spineless, wasn’t it?

I have seen his man-management being questioned by players he previously managed.

Are you getting concerned, at all?

Bit spineless, wasn’t it?

I have seen his man-management being questioned by players he previously managed.

Are you getting concerned, at all?
    Don't be silly. I fully expect us to go through next week*

* thought the bástard 3rd goal does make this somewhat more of a challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Don't be silly. I fully expect us to go through next week*

* thought the bástard 3rd goal does make this somewhat more of a challenge.
    What do you think the chap is up to, sw? Do you discern a clear plan?

It's the mint green kit that's the problem
    10 characters? Pile of cund.