Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Sweet Jesus, there is no one to vote for in this election :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I thought it very interesting, but was annoyed by how much it pulled its punches by constantly letting mainstream Islam off the hook.

That said, he clearly did something right if we're to judge by the amount of abuse he's getting from Islamist scum at the moment.

And have you not pointed out to her that every single vote Labour gets will be seen as an endorsement of its current leadership?
    Yes, I said during the programme "I'd love to see his Twitter feeed tonight"

The last 30 minutes were good - the stuff about Napoleon and the idea that the west is re-shaping the perception of Muhammad took things into thought-provoking territory. Basically the first hour I found a total waste of time, but I guess that was designed to draw in the uninitiated.

Also, he's got a weird face and mannerisms.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Yes, I said during the programme "I'd love to see his Twitter feeed tonight"

The last 30 minutes were good - the stuff about Napoleon and the idea that the west is re-shaping the perception of Muhammad took things into thought-provoking territory. Basically the first hour I found a total waste of time, but I guess that was designed to draw in the uninitiated.

Also, he's got a weird face and mannerisms.
    He has. I've got several of his books and they are good, but rather over-written.

The first half was intended to illustrate the real horror of what it means to be a non-muslim in a Wahabbist state. In that sense, I think it was effective. It clearly touched some raw nerves as he's now getting it in the neck (as it were) from any number of Islamist apologists saying that slavery under Islam isn't so bad and trying to claim the Prophet Mohammed didn't knob a nine-year-old (he clearly did).

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Plus I am bored of voting. I feel like I've been at the polling station far to many times recently.
    2 elections, a brexit and a mayor.
    Son, you are disappoint.

People fought, and people died for your right to vote.

No point voting Tory where I live. It's Lab or Lib.
    Tactical vote against the Illiberal Undemocrats then. Vote for the one party out of the two that respects the result of the referendum.

How do you feel about PR? Proper PR, not that joke fob-off that Cameron chucked Clegg the other year which was designed to put back PR for a generation. And it worked. Clegg, you phucking mug!

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Tory manifesto: "Our responsibility to one another is greater than the rights we hold as individuals."
    I rather like that. I might vote for them.

Yes, we watched Tom Holland's ISIS documentary yesterday (which I found rather disappointing) and I pointed out that the beardy Allans featured were friends of the chap she's planning to vote for.

I also reminded her that my childhood was scarred by a constant fear that my dad (who worked in the city) would be blown up by the IRA, who Jez actively supported.

She insisted she's not voting for him. I rolled my eyes.

It's a laugh a minute in our house
    Have you tried the 'have you seen his taxation policies? Anus and her brother will never go to private school once he's done with us' line?

It's quite effective pulling at a mother's heart strings like that, I used it to encourage Mrs WES to return to work earlier than she wanted to.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I rather like that. I might vote for them.
    But isn't the conservative principle of individual responsibility rooted in the belief that, by according responsibility to the individual, you will in turn encourage a culture in which fewer people require others to take responsibility for them?

But isn't the conservative principle of individual responsibility rooted in the belief that, by according responsibility to the individual, you will in turn encourage a culture in which fewer people require others to take responsibility for them?
    The way I look at it is do you want to play in a team where we work for each other, or play in a team who operates as a collection of individuals? And I say this to a man who prefers making an assist to scoring a goal.

Tactical vote against the Illiberal Undemocrats then. Vote for the one party out of the two that respects the result of the referendum.

How do you feel about PR? Proper PR, not that joke fob-off that Cameron chucked Clegg the other year which was designed to put back PR for a generation. And it worked. Clegg, you phucking mug!
    Dunno, never really engaged with that issue. I remember from the referendum people saying it would make it easier for extremist parties to gain influence. Presumably if 2015 had been PR, then UKIP would have been much better placed to ensure we don't end up with a fake Brexit.

That would have been good. But then maybe it would allow ovarian cancer deserving c*nts like the women's equality party to gain influence. That would not be good.

The way I look at it is do you want to play in a team where we work for each other, or play in a team who operates as a collection of individuals? And I say this to a man who prefers making an assist to scoring a goal.
    It depends on who you're assisting I guess.

Ozil to Sanchez on Tuesday, yes. Sanchez to Ozil vs Stoke, yes.

Bellerin to Giroud vs Stoke, no

Scrounging French **** will only go and spend his goal bonus on hair product