Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why do Everton want Martinez out?

i do yes jorge and it s not ideal but people really are at their wits end i think and think there is no other option , maybe the villa game would have made more sense but it wont be on sky and with the late kick off tomorrow the atmosphere may be more inducive to a more vocal protest so i can see why it has been arranged for tomorrow , it will achieve much more coverage if successful and im still not sure how it will go but understand why it has come to this

you can say we have top 4 to clinch still but i really dont think people care about that anymore if he stays, ok more group games followed by an exit to the first decent team we draw

look i like wenger as a man and didnt want things to end like this , he really has had ample opportunity to go on a high but refuses to accept any opinion from elsewhere.

today he dismisses it is just a few fans , while saying we have won the championship away from home (not true anyway, we would be third , though to him a trophy i suppose!) and at home the reason we havent is the fans fault. it beggars belief

sadly his stubbornness is going to be his downfall

sir c yes i dont go to every away game now so ive probably been overtaken by a fair few

but just respect peoples views , they may be different to yours but we do all support the same club , even if at the moment not necessarily the people running it

Quote Originally Posted by ghostlygunner View Post
    sir c yes i dont go to every away game now so ive probably been overtaken by a fair few

but just respect peoples views , they may be different to yours but we do all support the same club , even if at the moment not necessarily the people running it
    I am afraid I have been worn down by the negativity, to the extent that I gave up my season ticket, having had one since 1978, because I couldn't bear the culture of entitlement and attendant moaning, so to be fair, it's not really my club any more, I suppose.

The Jorge
    i do yes jorge and it s not ideal but people really are at their wits end i think and think there is no other option , maybe the villa game would have made more sense but it wont be on sky and with the late kick off tomorrow the atmosphere may be more inducive to a more vocal protest so i can see why it has been arranged for tomorrow , it will achieve much more coverage if successful and im still not sure how it will go but understand why it has come to this

you can say we have top 4 to clinch still but i really dont think people care about that anymore if he stays, ok more group games followed by an exit to the first decent team we draw

look i like wenger as a man and didnt want things to end like this , he really has had ample opportunity to go on a high but refuses to accept any opinion from elsewhere.

today he dismisses it is just a few fans , while saying we have won the championship away from home (not true anyway, we would be third , though to him a trophy i suppose!) and at home the reason we havent is the fans fault. it beggars belief

sadly his stubbornness is going to be his downfall
    Hmmm, OK. It does come off as if you guys would be happy for us to not get a top four place. Also, in terms of doing it on this game, wouldnt the same effect be had by doing it at another game? It does seem as if you want maximum impact and embrassment. I get a lot of people say nice things to me about arsenal but the main thing now is about how spoiled, petulant and ungrateful our fans are behaving and how everyone would kill for someone like Arsene at their club.

Fair dos, each to their own etc.

i think most if not all should still want us to win the game but i think they feel missing top 4 strengthens any chance of him going. personally i would want top 4 but with another manager although that doesnt seem a likely combination at the moment.

i hear what you say about wenger and what other clubs would want him but i think this runs deeper than achievement by the team now.

£1000-2000 is a lot of money for a season ticket and more than anyone else pays and this is the main problem when £250mio is stockpiled and not spent over time with an openness from our owner that thats all he wants and not trophies, while the manager classes 4th as a trophy.

you cant have it both ways, if you are not going to be competitive than drop prices , if you are then spent some of that loot ?

so when you say ungrateful i think its more they feel cheated for what they are paying and of course the choice is there not to go but emotional attachment formed over generations is the issue there. and thats football i guess ?

Quote Originally Posted by The Jorge View Post
    Hmmm, OK. It does come off as if you guys would be happy for us to not get a top four place..
    I don’t think the whole top 4 and resultant 6-8-10 games in Europe is the drug for many that it appears to be for you and others.

We can argue until we are blue in the face, or until 4:45pm to be precise, whether or not this constitutes success. Personally I don’t equate it to same.

Additonal finances, yes. Finances which many see as simply being stockpiled as opposed to used as a means of strengthening our footballing position. The in-actions of last summer cementing this belief in the head of many.

Prestige? Not for me Clive.

The Jorge
    i think most if not all should still want us to win the game but i think they feel missing top 4 strengthens any chance of him going. personally i would want top 4 but with another manager although that doesnt seem a likely combination at the moment.

i hear what you say about wenger and what other clubs would want him but i think this runs deeper than achievement by the team now.

£1000-2000 is a lot of money for a season ticket and more than anyone else pays and this is the main problem when £250mio is stockpiled and not spent over time with an openness from our owner that thats all he wants and not trophies, while the manager classes 4th as a trophy.

you cant have it both ways, if you are not going to be competitive than drop prices , if you are then spent some of that loot ?

so when you say ungrateful i think its more they feel cheated for what they are paying and of course the choice is there not to go but emotional attachment formed over generations is the issue there. and thats football i guess ?
    I get that, I also get the reasons that money is there. I do hope that, with all the new TV money, they will actually drop prices, or at least meaningfully freeze them. At least for ST.

the reason many feel forced to renew is that they may not get back at a time that suits them better.

the danger for arsenal is if people get the feeling they can buy tickets game by game then that will be a hammer blow for kroenke as they will not get there wad upfront each year .

we are not there yet but there are some signs times could be a changing. whether they take notice or not tomorrow may be an early indicator.

Quote Originally Posted by The Jorge View Post
    I get that, I also get the reasons that money is there. I do hope that, with all the new TV money, they will actually drop prices, or at least meaningfully freeze them. At least for ST.
    I think more and more people have realised that the whole "Money"-thing was simply a way for you AKB types to divert the conversation away from any criticism of Wenger, His signings, His style of play and so on. You can blame Leicester City for that particular revelation.

As you say though, One way or another, Wenger *will* be gone soon so it's probably wrong to get too worked up about forcing Him out at this late stage.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

The problem isn't Martinez....its Lukaku.

Ever since he cut his dreads off he lost all his skillz and has been incredibly rubbish....Christian benetek rubbish.

Seriously needs to grow them back.

Like the lad...would love to see up front with Welbeck for us but it has to be a require,net that he grows his dreads back.